Yard Sale Score

Thanks! I saved the pictures, hopefully I can get someone to build me one, possibly in exchange for a repair job.

dr*audio said:
Thanks! I saved the pictures, hopefully I can get someone to build me one, possibly in exchange for a repair job.
Warren, Thanks for sending Paul my way, I'm really glad everything worked out so well for everyone, Dave. :yes:

dr*audio,

Hope you get your woodcase made. I'm sure one of the skilled AKers could build you one for a trade.

I also have three other Marantz woodcase models and case plans for the 5025b tapedeck. Anyone have a woodcase for a Marantz 2015? That is my only Marantz that's not dressed up.

Cheers

wood case making progress

After what seemed like forever, the cabinet is almost finished. I've posted some pics for everyone's viewing pleasure. I used 3/4" plywood I had in the garage to build the cab and veneered it. In keeping with the Marantz tradition (color), I used Minwax red mohogany stain to finish it. I still have to poly it and install a strip of board as spacers on the inside of the left and right side panels. I'm on the lookout for something to use as a ventillation grill on the top rear of the cabinet. I haven't found anything yet that I like.

I had to strip some of the veneer off a couple of times because I wasn't happy with the consistency of the stain, but I finally got it to the point where I'm pleased with it. What A pain.

Some of you may recognize the style from a different manufacturer. Can you guess which manufacturer it is? It's actually pretty easy to figure out.

In the future when I get more woodworking tools I would like to build a cab that duplicates the original Marantz cab. But for now this will work. This cab will actually fit in better with my current audio gear, except for the cab color.

Paul

Attachments

• marantz125cab004small.jpg
    marantz125cab004small.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 37
  • marantz125cab005small.jpg
    marantz125cab005small.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 31
  • marantz125cab003small.jpg
    marantz125cab003small.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 25
  • marantz125cab006small.jpg
    marantz125cab006small.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 28
  • marantz125cab007small.jpg
    marantz125cab007small.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 32
Tripqzon,

Hey good going with the case. Looking pretty good! I saw some similar Marantz grill material somewhere I'll let you know if I remember where it was.

So you have to show us with the tuner installed.

Cheers,
Carl

Onepixel,

It is prettier in person. Some pictures the camera flashed and others it didn't. It's hard to see in the pics, but there is a reddish tint to the stain.

I would definitely be interested in that grill material if you can remember.

Paul

onepixel said:
Tripqzon,

Hey good going with the case. Looking pretty good! I saw some similar Marantz grill material somewhere I'll let you know if I remember where it was.

So you have to show us with the tuner installed.

Cheers,
Carl

Ok. Here it is with the tuner installed. No grill yet though.

Attachments

• marantz125cab008small.jpg
    marantz125cab008small.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 57
  • marantz125cab009small.jpg
    marantz125cab009small.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 41
  • marantz125cab010small.jpg
    marantz125cab010small.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom