Yardsale Site giveaway greatness?

WVSpeakerNut

Had to head into work early one day and stumbled across a "Free speakers" post on a local Facebook yardsale site.. I vaguely could make out the B&W badge on the grille and laid claim politely and arranged pickup that night. Once I got there and started chatting, the ladies mentioned that they had other stereo gear and in fact another set of speakers if I was interested. I was already super pumped for the B&W and semi cringed when she told me the second set were JBL. I am a pretty solid Klipsch household and know there are high quality JBL's out there, but wasn't expecting what she uncovered. I was warned that the cat had scratched the front- expecting shredded everything, when in reality it was just the foam. I was told what the speakers cost in Japan in 1991, and that they needed so much power that she had to buy a bunch of amps to drive them. At this point I didn't have much room left and told them I would come back later for components. There allegedly were a lot, I under assumed again. As the third 330ES was walked out, I was having a SUPER difficult time containing my excitement but I stuck it out and let out my woohoos when a good distance from the house. I have the re foam kit on the way and plan to clean up everything and test soon. No idea on what its worth but not even sure Id be willing to part with it. I even have wife approval on the speakers (the high gloss black is mint and GORGEOUS)

thoughts, opinions and all the likes- please share.

Attachments

• B&W.jpg
    B&W.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 382
  • DM620.jpg
    DM620.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 358
  • ESStack.jpg
    ESStack.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 378
  • SideStack.jpg
    SideStack.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 365
  • Stack 2].jpg
    Stack 2].jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 362
  • XPL160.jpg
    XPL160.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 360
  • XPLFront.jpg
    XPLFront.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 379
Wow, that's a great score and as a side note it sounds like that lady really liked to rock! One heck of a rack full of Sony gear.

BillWojo

One more thing: was this system originally purchased in Japan and then imported by the previous owner? I'm assuming that's why she told you the cost in Japan; also the N330ES is the Japanese model number for the N55ES, according the The Vintage Knob. Are all the components rated for 100V instead of 120?

One more thing: was this system originally purchased in Japan and then imported by the previous owner? I'm assuming that's why she told you the cost in Japan; also the N330ES is the Japanese model number for the N55ES, according the The Vintage Knob. Are all the components rated for 100V instead of 120?
Told that it was purchased in Japan on Navy base in 90/91

Still have some investigating, cleaning and discovery to do. Promise to keep the thread up to date

Back
Top Bottom