Ye olde fix it shop

blohrd3

I found a gem. I remember shops like this from my youth, this one owned by a husband and wife team has been in business for more than thirty year. This place is a refreshing change from the trendy supermarkets that dot my neck of the woods. They did the work on a Quadraflex 450R when it went dark and quiet after I "fixed" it, one day turn around and I just picked up my SX-1250 that didn't have an obvious problem, but I didn;t think it was living up to it potential, its within its design spec now :thmbsp: I just spent a pleasent hour talking about audio, well mostly listening. I have no affliation with the shop except slavish devotion. here's a couple of pic. shop located in Chicago IL.

Last edited:
Only one of the pic came thru, I'll have to figure out what I did wrong and upload the others. The address 1615 W Montrose, 20th Century TV and Stereo. I was told that they have an ebay store. I haven't checked it out yet. They will buy sell ,trade and repair. There is hardly room to turn around inside, the store is jammed with stuff he's got by trading or buying most for sell. I was curious to know what he had in his home system and the only piece he mentioned that stuck with me was Pioneer HPM 100, He wasn't too keen on the HPM 200 that I have

Back
Top Bottom