Yeah, Clapton's overhyped...

WobblySam

So it seemed over the past 10 to 12 years - Clapton this, Clapton that, yadda yadda yadda

And then, and then, and then I played "Just One Night", the live album from around 1980.
I have it on the MoFi double CD. I got it maybe 20 years ago. I decided to drop it in the transport this afternoon.
Ok, so maybe not so much overhyped. The whole record is burning. I guess he's an OK picker, if you're into that sort thing.

Yes, great under appreciated album. Top flite sidemen as well, stars in their own right. Starts off with his commercial hits and then turns into a smoking blues set. Wonderful stuff.

I bought that album when it first came out. It was smokin' then and it still is today. How I didn't wear that poor record out is beyond me, I played it thousands of times and it still plays good today. One of my all time favs and one of the best live albums EVER!!!

I bought that album when it first came out. It was smokin' then and it still is today. How I didn't wear that poor record out is beyond me, I played it thousands of times and it still plays good today. One of my all time favs and one of the best live albums EVER!!!

Yes, I have the double LP from way back and a digital version on my music server.

I can't say that he was ever my favorite, but I have to respect the skill that he has always demonstrated and his staying power. He has helped keep the blues alive after all the original artists have passed on.

So it seemed over the past 10 to 12 years - Clapton this, Clapton that, yadda yadda yadda

And then, and then, and then I played "Just One Night", the live album from around 1980.
I have it on the MoFi double CD. I got it maybe 20 years ago. I decided to drop it in the transport this afternoon.
Ok, so maybe not so much overhyped. The whole record is burning. I guess he's an OK picker, if you're into that sort thing.

We went to a concert that was on one of the stops the tour this album was recorded from. Yes this is one of my favorite live albums of all time.

Barney

Back
Top Bottom