Yeah, it was the day of SCORE

Wow....I just read all 15 pages in one sitting. I need a cigarette and a nap.
Amazing haul and story. Congratulations, and good on you for giving the guy some cash. That combined with your enthusiasm and passion for the stuff certainly helped him feel better about turning loose of his treasures. Turning loose of stuff can be extremely stressful for some folks.

Yeah, he appreciated my similar passion for the collection, but he had his moments. There was some stuff I passed on simply because I couldn't fit anymore in the truck, and they were things I already had. He had decided to let the albums go when I was there last weekend, but not his CD collection, we will see if anything changes this weekend. I'll throw him some more $ and make his day again.

Today I started testing the cream of the crop units, first up a flawless Marantz 2275. This receiver is about as nice at it gets, two small scratches on the metal cover is all I can find negative with this one. All lamps are working, face plate is perfect, tuner on the money, but best of all is the beautiful sound. :thumbsup:
Edit: ooops, turns out the dial needle lamp is out. :(

View attachment 680049
I want....

I just found this thread...and I'm speechless. Congrats on the haul!

(and if you decide to sell that Sony Earth-Orbiter, just let me know)

I decided to grab the first set of speakers in the big pile for testing, they are Cerwinvega AT-12's. These look like they just came out of the box new, and after giving them a good listen, I am not disappointed. I don't really have any complaints, they really don't sound bad at all.

20160129_193441.jpg 20160129_193456.jpg

I too just found this thread and .... wah.....bah....dah..... mumpher noodle.... I'm drooling with envy. Soooo jelly!!

grats! keep the pics coming! Frickin' late Christmas for you!

I'm not sure if these were 4 channel or two, I will have to research it a little.

The A-2300S is a pretty good damn deck. The SD version with the Dolby, hell if you have it calibrated to itself that is worth it even if you can't trade tapes with the kids that don't have Dolby. The thing does 24 KHz and does it at 7½ IPS. (according to the engine) But it is quarter track stereo.

Worked on one the last year or so, only problem was grease turned to glue. A certain formula made that much easier, LPS2. Also some dirty switches and pots, a few were hard to get to but it got done. Could not tell the difference between the original and the recording.

It's a good time of the year for everyone to head south for the winter, heck, everyone could attend our AK gathering Feb. 20th here and see this equipment in person. :thumbsup:
I've got a FL trip planned for February, but unfortunately a bit earlier in the month. This thread has been a lot of fun though. Thanks for taking time to post all the pics and info when you've obviously got a lot on your plate.

The A-2300S is a pretty good damn deck. The SD version with the Dolby, hell if you have it calibrated to itself that is worth it even if you can't trade tapes with the kids that don't have Dolby. The thing does 24 KHz and does it at 7½ IPS. (according to the engine) But it is quarter track stereo.

Worked on one the last year or so, only problem was grease turned to glue. A certain formula made that much easier, LPS2. Also some dirty switches and pots, a few were hard to get to but it got done. Could not tell the difference between the original and the recording.

Thanks for the reply, good information. :thumbsup:
I'm headed down now to grab the Teac, looks like he has had second thoughts on giving me the albums, he threw a 2.00 an ablum number at me. :no:

Thanks for the reply, good information. :thumbsup:
I'm headed down now to grab the Teac, looks like he has had second thoughts on giving me the albums, he threw a 2.00 an ablum number at me. :no:

That might actually work out in your favor on the records. with 4,000 LPs, there's got to be some goodies in there. I'd go through them and check. Could be Blue Notes, who knows what.

You end up with what you like and you don't have to drag all the rest home and take a bunch of them to GW. I'd be all over that $2.00 deal. Just hope he doesn't mean you have to buy the whole lot at 2 bucks each. :music:

Damn, I think I live 45 minutes south of you. Sounds like you were good to your friend, and he was sure good to you. Congratulations!

You need to join us at our gathering here on the 20th, details are in the event section of the forum.

Last edited:
This Nikko is one of the sleepers of the bunch, it has some super great sound that puts it above some of the others. It's my first chance to own one, now I know. :thumbsup:

20160202_104014.jpg

I decided to start testing my favorites since these were set aside as keepers most likely. This Marantz 2325 would be flawless if it were not for a couple cabinet chips on the edges, but not very noticeable. Most likely the nicest example I will ever lay eyes on. I have it pushing my AR-11's, a match made in heaven if you ask me, working perfectly too. :thumbsup:

I also decided to install LED's in the Marantz 2275 since it had a lamp out anyway, sure made it even better eye candy.

20160203_083714.jpg 20160203_083725.jpg 20160203_083741.jpg
20160202_194652.jpg

Droolage gear! :beatnik::beerchug:

Thanks, wouldn't you know as I was using the 2325 that a lamp would burn out. So LED's were the answer, these units are well known for melted lamp shrouds, and this one was getting deformed. No more worries there, all lit up and looking purdy.

20160203_095113.jpg
20160203_095053.jpg 20160203_095144.jpg 20160203_101425.jpg

Back
Top Bottom