Yes 35th Anniversary Concert

DanTana

Saw this on Soundstage on PBS in HD, very nice concert, did some old favorites and some new ones. They also changed some things up and did acoustical versions of some of their sounds. Those guys can still play.

I loved those guys growing up... Just something so musically satisfying about them and they way they approached their music. Light years ahead of their prog-rock competition.

They can still play and well...Chris Squire puts on one hell of a show...They are all still on great terms playing-wise and making creative music...They just had terrible luck with label and manager choices lately...but they are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I have a buddy back in Michigan who is a total Yes freak and probably has it. A little far from here to borrow it, tho.

One of the two times I saw Yes was in Dayton OH. It was their Yes Symphonic tour. Absolutely friggen great, Steve Howe was superb. The only thing missing was Wakeman on the keyboards.

I saw them on their "Relayer" tour, I missed Wakeman too, Patrick Moraz played keyboards on that tour but it was an awesome show.

ive seen YES over 20 times and would have to consider them my favorite band. Ive moved into other areas of jazz but still accredit yes to my musical awakening.

I saw YES here in my hometown for the 90125 tour... MTV was here filming the concert...
needless to say, the people got far more than their money's worth! :yes:

Scott

i've seen yes several times in concert and always loved them. always played a long concert and put in a great light show to go with it.

their music sounded great on headphones. they were years ahead of their time.

KB9KXH said:
ive seen YES over 20 times and would have to consider them my favorite band. Ive moved into other areas of jazz but still accredit yes to my musical awakening.

Wow! beats the snot out of my measly 5 times. They are definately in my top 5 of all time!

KB9KXH said:

This about sums it up for me also.. heard them first in 1972 with Roundabout. Then when I got Close to the Edge.. that realy opened up something more than just pop/rock music in me. I've only seen them 8 times though.

And now I mainly listen to mainstream jazz. :music:

Back
Top Bottom