Yet another NAD thread !!!!

Ol' Ken

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have had the NAD gear for about 8 months and thought that a few lines about the equipment could be worthwhile now that the "NEW" has worn off.

Essentially I find that I still very much enjoy the ever so slightly laid back sound. It is never tiring to listen to but still has the required edge and gusto on kick-ass blues and rock ( SRV/HENDRIX/STONES). Small group acoustic jazz has that has a quiet reflective vein never becomes sleep inducing (DK/OSCAR PETERSON TRIO/MILES DAVIS). Everthing else I play that is in between those two extremes plays equally as well.

For a modestly priced sytem it meets or exceeds my requirements. I haven't had the component upgrade bug as of yet. I believe that greater sonic improvements would be met by better speaker placement (not likely to happen) and speaker cable/interconnect replacement.

The QC issues that a few people seem to of had with NAD has not presented itself - everything works without fail every time I turn it on.

The only thing I don't like about the integrated amp is that the volume knob does not have a highly visible position indicator. Not so great when your kid has been playing discs/albums REAL LOUD and forgets to turn it down.

The bottom line is that I am going to keep it and buy more music instead of more expensive components.

Howzat

NAD C422 -tuner
NAD 521bee -CDP
NAD C372 -integrated amp
Paradigm Studio 60 V2s -speakers
El Cheapo - cables and interconnects
Sony - plastic TT until my kid moves

thermalbum said:
I believe that greater sonic improvements would be met by...speaker cable/interconnect replacement.

Nooo!!!! Nobody dare make this into ANOTHER cable/interconnect thread!! Ignore that line!! :pistols:

Hi. I agree with you-you really can't go wrong with NAD. Before I rediscovered 70's equipment, all my amps, cassette decks and cd players were NAD. I didn't care for the tuners, but I already owned an Accuphase tuner from the 70's so that might have had something to do with it! Other than the bland styling ( which you sort of get used to after a while), they're hard to beat for the price.

Cheers,
Ray

mg196 said:
Nooo!!!! Nobody dare make this into ANOTHER cable/interconnect thread!! Ignore that line!! :pistols:

I was just going to buy BOSE interconnects and cables from a white van ( they are made from naturally ionized unobtainium for better sonic waves :lmao: :lmao: ) only $50.00 a foot including RCAs and banana plugs as applicable

I like NAD gear too. I have owned the 2200pe amp, Monitor Series 1700 pre/tuner, 5330 cdp, a T 763 receiver, and still own a 1155 pre. I miss the amp and wish I didn't trade it away.

Well I haven't have much experience with Nad. I do own a 2200PE and love it !!! I've had it for a while and have had no QC issues what so ever. And this lil' amp is playing music ALL the time. IMO a great sounding amp. I can really find no faults....mmmm, well maybe its a tad bland in the looks department, but thats subjective of course. I dig it.

This has nothing to do with the original post aside from QC issues.

J

No matter how many good things people have to say about NAD products, I hear an equal number of people expressing dissatisfaction w/ build quality. What up with that, yo?

mg196 said:
No matter how many good things people have to say about NAD products, I hear an equal number of people expressing dissatisfaction w/ build quality. What up with that, yo?

Feel free to take that subject up in another thread.....yo.

I just love the sound of NAD.
Good hi-fi doesn't mean you have to listen to the sound of money instead of music.
I still have the 3020 Amplifier from NAD,and the 840 BX4 from Rotel and never had a problem with them.

NAD RULES YEAH.

Have fun.

I have a NAD 3020 amp, 7020 Receiver, and a C370 amp. I am currently using a NAD C542 CDP, and before that a NAD C521i CDP. I have had no problems with any of them. I use the C370 in my main system, and the 7020 ( with NAD 20 speakers ) as a second bedroom system. It is safe to say I like NAD equipment. I have always felt they make good gear at an affordable price.

I was going to mention also that I took a very small piece of yellow poster board tack, and rolled it into a very small cylinder and stuck it on the volume knob of my C370 where the little engraved line of the knob was. I can now see the volume position from anywhere in the listening room. It works well. It will not hurt future resale in any way. You can pull it off and no one would ever know it was there.

Gelder said:
I was going to mention also that I took a very small piece of yellow poster board tack, and rolled it into a very small cylinder and stuck it on the volume knob of my C370 where the little engraved line of the knob was. I can now see the volume position from anywhere in the listening room. It works well. It will not hurt future resale in any way. You can pull it off and no one would ever know it was there.

Great suggestion. :thmbsp: Why didn't I think of that?
The 372 has a ridge instead of a groove so I just cut some vinyl tape into a 1/8 inch strip and stuck it on the volume knob.
Thanks

I personally thing the issue about NAD's QC has been blown soo far out of porportion. Which is one problem with the internet. Maybe they have some problems with initial products. I beleve CD players in this case, and then all the sudden everything they make is affected by some huge QC problem. I was reading comments the other day on a different forum where some folks were reccomending aginst nad because of the so called "qc issues in the past" when infact i doubt they even knew what those were. Im sure for years to come people will still be bringing it up. I can only imagine what kind of things are being said about Ford and GM products on the internet. Now their "QC issues" might be worth noting ;)

:naughty:
Haoleb said:
I personally thing the issue about NAD's QC has been blown soo far out of porportion. Which is one problem with the internet. Maybe they have some problems with initial products. I beleve CD players in this case, and then all the sudden everything they make is affected by some huge QC problem. I was reading comments the other day on a different forum where some folks were reccomending aginst nad because of the so called "qc issues in the past" when infact i doubt they even knew what those were. Im sure for years to come people will still be bringing it up. I can only imagine what kind of things are being said about Ford and GM products on the internet. Now their "QC issues" might be worth noting ;)

Since there has been a couple of responses on QC issues for NAD and likely other companies somewhere else, perhaps someone could start another thread in off topic or general to address/discuss any problems they may of encountered. I'm pleased with the performance of my stereo, my car, my camera, my other hobby gear.
However should anyone like to discuss public transit in Ottawa I could add a few words in the proper venue.

Nad C355bee vs c375bee?

Hi,
Which one of those sounds better?
I am not after power, but finesse....

Regards

p.s. what about the c372?

Ummmm...did you happen to look at the date on this thread? It's over 5 years old. You might want to start a new one asking about your equipment. And welcome to AK!

Back
Top Bottom