Yet another RE-intro

ponderbear

waltzing with sin
Hi folks, Ponderbear here. I've been off of AK for a long time, maybe a year. I can tell from when I logged in it's been six months since then, and that was just a handful of posts after at least a couple of months dry spell before then.

What kept me away? "Real" life issues, thankfully nothing super-serious. Our four-year old daughter decided one day that she could do everything herself and has been driving us a little batty ever since. She slept through the night at an unusally early age, and this might be karmic retribution, as part of her campaign to do everything herself includes putting herself to bed, which can get ugly when you have overly tired parents trying to put a way-overly tired kid to bed who doesn't want any help doing it. It exhausts me just writing that sentence.

Although I agree with what you're thinking, which is severe sleep deprivation is not a good enough excuse for staying away. You're right! I also changed jobs, moving from a mostly independent, jack-of-all-trades, set-your-own-hours computer guy to a totally interdependent, one-job-one-person, workload-dictated-by-hordes-of-crazy-people computer guy. That's right: no time for AK at the office anymore. Although I'm experiencing my first slowdown at work since I got here in spring and using some idle worktime to worm my way back into the fold here.

The job is basically still the same, though, and the girl still wants to do it all herself, so posting's gonna ramp back up slowly. But I miss AK pretty badly, so I'll be doin' all I can to get into the flow.

Music and stereo-wise: for those who know me, I still have the half-finished man room in the basement dominated by Boston A-150s. However, sadly, my old KR-6600 receiver lost its marbles. Please read with a moment of silence. On the optimistic side, I saved it from a abusive household over a year ago and despite its dissheveled state it sounded great from the first moment, so I've hardly touched the innards. Once I get an amp to stand in its place, I'll crack it open, give it a thorough cleaning and look for the dead thingys. Maybe there's some life left in it yet. Well see. Musically I've been having a strange love affair with the seventies. Stevie Wonder, Grand Funk and Roy Wood have been fixtures lately. Oh, and I have to say this because I've sworn to say it everywhere I can, the new Mudhoney KICKS ASS!!!! If you like your rock and roll loud and staight from the garage, you cannot go wrong with "The Lucky Ones." It's my pick for the best rock album of 2008 so far.

See you out there in the forums.

Welcome back, ponderbear! :music: As the father of an incredibly independent 6-year-old, I can relate. <BIG sigh goes here> And don't worry, she's only 4... she's just trying to get in shape so you can keep up when she's twelve. Or 16. :yes: :D

Please read with a moment of silence.
Ummm... OK. But I'll probably still have to move my lips a little...

:smoke:

Welcome back, ponderbear!

Sometimes life can add challenges that makes you rearrange things for a while. It's good to see you might have some time for AK again.

I know what you mean about the insane job environment. I've gone down that road before.

John

Back
Top Bottom