yet another tuner for my enjoyment (sansui tu 717)

radioactive

tube gear fanatic
Subscriber
just received this in the mail last week and been enjoying it ever since.it also came with a set of nos rack handles.

Attachments

• DSC_2222 (Custom) (2).JPG
    DSC_2222 (Custom) (2).JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_2225 (Custom).JPG
    DSC_2225 (Custom).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 47
Urizen said:
How close to mint looking can you get?

Sweet.:thmbsp:

thanks.it's close to mint but not quite .theres a small scratch on the top of the case .anyways i'm very pleased with the performance so far and dont see taking it out of the setup unless i go back to my tube gear.

radioactive said:
thanks.it's close to mint but not quite .theres a small scratch on the top of the case .anyways i'm very pleased with the performance so far and dont see taking it out of the setup unless i go back to my tube gear.

Congrats, Looks real nice! I love the looks of the Sansui but have not heard one. I think you had a Marantz 20, which I do have. I have been thinking of getting a Sansui 9900, can you tell me how the Sansui compares to the Marantz? Thanks.

onemug said:
Congrats, Looks real nice! I love the looks of the Sansui but have not heard one. I think you had a Marantz 20, which I do have. I have been thinking of getting a Sansui 9900, can you tell me how the Sansui compares to the Marantz? Thanks.

hi onmemug thanks for the comments.you are correct i did have a marantz 20 but i sold it to a friend.one channel was out when i got it so i gave the headache to him:D .as for a comparison to the tu 9900 i couldnt do one for the obvious reason stated above.i also cant do one with the 717 and the 9900becuause my tu9900 needs an alignment:tears: i can tell you though that for alot less money than the tu 9900 would cost you pick up a tu 717.it's quiet ,sensitive and sounds great.fwiw i will be eventually getting the marantz 20 back from the guy i sold to to all fixed and aligned:)

chris

radioactive said:
hi onmemug thanks for the comments.you are correct i did have a marantz 20 but i sold it to a friend.one channel was out when i got it so i gave the headache to him:D .as for a comparison to the tu 9900 i couldnt do one for the obvious reason stated above.i also cant do one with the 717 and the 9900becuause my tu9900 needs an alignment:tears: i can tell you though that for alot less money than the tu 9900 would cost you pick up a tu 717.it's quiet ,sensitive and sounds great.fwiw i will be eventually getting the marantz 20 back from the guy i sold to to all fixed and aligned:)

chris

Thanks Chris. That was too bad about the 20 but I think you will be real happy with it when you get it back. Let me know. Thanks for the tip on the 717.

radioactive said:
just received this in the mail last week and been enjoying it ever since.it also came with a set of nos rack handles.

Chris I think they got mine and your mixed up :yes: so send me mine and i

will send you mine ...... :lmao: :bs: :wave: :finger:

damn nice unit folker :p

Brian..........:smoke:

p.s. I will be looking for my TU 717 to arrive :)

congrats ,,Picked up a beauty off of the bay last winter love it ,, have schmatics if you need if you have a instruction manual i could use a copy let me know

hi 6 thumbs thanks.i sure would love a schematic if you dont mind.i dont have the manual for it yet but someone is sending me one so when i get it i can either scan it or send you a phocopy if you wish.

brian ,

you must be smoking some good shit if you think that's going to happen anytime soon:smoke: :D unless of coures you threw in the matching integrated:sigh: :yes::deal:

Back
Top Bottom