Yo from a bass guitar DIY designer

I play mostly original blues and still only use a 4 string. I have a 1970 Gibson EB3 and an 1974 BC Rich Eagle. For most gigs I play I line out to the PA for the house anyway.

Hey Bob,

Either 12/6 or 15/6 is positively luscious for what you describe, and I'm thinking the voicing will really bring out that EB3's goodness since the cab has plenty going on down where the Gibson does, and a good mid spread to help with its articulation. Is that the standard short-scale version?

Yes, the standard short scale version. I just put a set of Rotosound black nylon tape wound strings on it as they were the only short scale strings the store had. Really sounds smooth now. Currently pumping it through a Traynor Bassmaster with the twin 15 cab. It is an awful lot to cart around as I am getting older now. I was hopeing I could use the 12 inch speakers out of the old console organ in a home made cab. Just not sure if they will stand up. Are there any pictures of the 12/6 posted on the internet?

Yep, BobHicks, just check my sig for the plans and fEarful threads. I really haven't seen any acceptable substitues for the drivers I specify though.

Back
Top Bottom