You Get The Last Word!

House of the small variety is one I'd like to have once I purge a ton of stuff and begin to live a more simple, bare-bones life.

DNU..
Covers keep items contained, as does the period in the sentence.
...DNU

Here we have an example of what would have been a 'double-post', if the second post had been made three minutes or less, after the first.

Cheers, og

Again I leave a tangled mess, it is now time to be a viewer.rather than a player.

Again I leave a tangled mess, it is now time to be a viewer.rather than a player.

'Viewer', do not be [watch your periods, an' all :biggrin:] - participant, you are making a good un' - your [soft] bruises will teach you well! :thumbsup:

Cheers, og

Last edited:
Doing the same, we all have screwed up, but we persevere.

Dnu (Do Not Use)

Te-Te, don't leave. Just remember a few simple rules from page one of this thread. A period always ends a sentence. If you think you've made an error, hang in there, and don't delete/edit your post, so that it can be seen. The responses should be made clearly by us veterans of the game so that we may be of assistance to you.

If there are two or more simultaneous posts within a 3 minute time period after the post being responded to, the last posters final word is to be used. We like the double and triple posts!

No ellipsis (...) shall be used, as the first "dot" constitutes a period, thus ending the sentence.

These are a simplified version of the rules, but the most commonly sited infractions.

Don't end a sentence with an abbreviation, or numeral; numbers must be spelled out.

You can use a ?, or ! if you bracket them thus: (?) - [!] and continue your sentence.

To comment off topic, just be sure to place "Do Not Use" (Dnu) and "End of Do Not Use" (End Dnu) at the beginning and end of your post.

Best of luck, and stick around!

Fran

End Do Not Use

Kind of a "classroom" we have here should always be respectful, as an homage to our VERY kind founder (and "Teacher"), Rome - also known as Don; I'm sure he's proud of us all carrying on as we do daily.

DNU...
Evidence of our rules, found in post number one, usually [but not always] manages to keep us on track - but when we 'come-off-track', we call that a ['surprise- surprise'] 'derailment'. :biggrin:

Cheers, og

DNU...

DNU = Do Not Use. ;)

...DNU
Ref: "78712"

...DNU

Daily, things need to be made clearer; though when messages have been delivered to the same recipient on a prior occasion, generalisations may suffice - overall, 'kindness and understanding' should prevail.:thumbsup:

Cheers, og

Last edited:
Angry with me, some people get; but 'titties & beer' always takes my mind of that [not 'it' :biggrin:].

Cheers, og

DNU...

For newbs: 'it' is the last word.

...DNU

Back
Top Bottom