You mean the Superbowl is in Arizona?

meggy

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just wondering if any other AZ AK'ers have noticed the incredible lack of marketing/ promo for the Superbowl in Glendale. My office is in Scottsdale's "Old Town" area, and man there's nothing. I mean nothing. They make a bigger deal out of the Barrett-Jackson car auction or the PF Chang Marathon or even the Parada Del Sol !

Whose in charge? For a town that's built on tourisim and big big money, what a friggin waste of potential.

Don't think any promotion is necessary. The game is long since sold out, as are the available hotel rooms. The people coming will spend money, by the bucketfull.

The rest of the money is made on TV. Fox was hoping for a Dallas / NE Super Bowl, that would've brought the highest dollar for commercials.

Well, All I know is I won't be anywhere near Glendale during the Superbowl festivities. I will stay out in the far east valley and watch in on the tube. (Not that I would pay to ever see it in person). Arizona can use the money it is bringing in. Our Janet should be happy.
PS, I'm going to root for the Giants. I hope it is an upset.

The rest of the money is made on TV. Fox was hoping for a Dallas / NE Super Bowl, that would've brought the highest dollar for commercials.[/QUOTE]

I thought that Fox was quite happy with NY because of the huge population that will watch the game and give it mega ratings. Dallas may draw football fans, but NYs population will probably send it sky high! Just a thought....

I'm wondering what percentage of the attendees will be from AZ. I guess if you can go to the super bowl, you know where it is.

I'm wondering what percentage of the attendees will be from AZ. I guess if you can go to the super bowl, you know where it is.

I know where it is all right. Its on my TV. I think very few tickets are made avaliable to the huddled masses. The few that are out there cost more than a new HD big screen to watch the game on.

If I was anywhere near where people were I'd have the biggest yard sale of my career. When our town turned 350 a few years back we did just that. The town had a big celebration over the weekend, it was jammed to capacity with people parked up & down our street, & we cleared a bundle. I had never before sold so much off my lawn & driveway. People show up where crowds are. You'll have a lot in town just to be part of that even if they are not getting into the game.

If I was anywhere near where people were I'd have the biggest yard sale of my career. When our town turned 350 a few years back we did just that. The town had a big celebration over the weekend, it was jammed to capacity with people parked up & down our street, & we cleared a bundle. I had never before sold so much off my lawn & driveway. People show up where crowds are You'll have a lot in town just to be part of it even if they are not getting into the game.

The touristas are always crazy. They love to spend mega-bucks. Prices of everything skyrocket in the winter. What they don't know is almost every local retailer is willing to make deals on almost anything that's sold. All you gotta do is ask. I imagine in the frenzy of the Superbowl they'll be willing to buy rocks.

I'd like to think of something I could sell to the "snowbirds", as they're called. Any ideas? How about a map of the Stars. See where Stevie N, Alice C, Glen Campbell, Mike Tyson, and John Mc Cain live. All within a few miles of here, actually. Be an easy tour.

Hey wait a minute, rocks... Hmmm.

Well, All I know is I won't be anywhere near Glendale during the Superbowl festivities. I will stay out in the far east valley and watch in on the tube. (Not that I would pay to ever see it in person). Arizona can use the money it is bringing in. Our Janet should be happy.
PS, I'm going to root for the Giants. I hope it is an upset.

Actually, you should just take some time and go check it out. :yes:
Kegger and I went downtown two years ago to check our festivities out.
Yep, that's downtown Detroit. In winter. Snow and ice. And we had fun.

Saw Emmitt Smith and Sean Salisbury, the ESPN set, Radio Row, had a few brews and some burgers, and went to the Winterfest stuff. Lots of folks at the RenCen where the HQ was. Lots of Steeler fans too as this SB was the closest ever to home for them, and that's a shame, but that's a rant for another thread :yes:

SuperBowls don't come around too often, so if there's one by you, I say take a few hours and go check it out.

The touristas are always crazy. They love to spend mega-bucks. Prices of everything skyrocket in the winter. What they don't know is almost every local retailer is willing to make deals on almost anything that's sold. All you gotta do is ask. I imagine in the frenzy of the Superbowl they'll be willing to buy rocks.

I'd like to think of something I could sell to the "snowbirds", as they're called. Any ideas? How about a map of the Stars. See where Stevie N, Alice C, Glen Campbell, Mike Tyson, and John Mc Cain live. All within a few miles of here, actually. Be an easy tour.

Hey wait a minute, rocks... Hmmm.

We sold "antiques".

Those were items we'd bought, used, and gotten tired of.

Back
Top Bottom