You Might Be an Audiophile If...

jamich

Taken from Steve Guttenberg's CNET September 29 column.

Are you an audiophile?

You might be an audiophile if you sometimes listen to music without doing anything else.

You might be an audiophile if you paid more for your hi-fi than your car.

You might be an audiophile if your speaker cables are thicker than your garden hose.

You might be an audiophile if you think vacuum tube amplifiers are beautiful.

You might be an audiophile if you have your local hi-fi dealer's phone number on speed dial.

You might be an audiophile if you learned how to solder before you learned how to ride a bike.

You might be an audiophile if you don't mind the sound of your LPs' clicks and pops.

You might be an audiophile if you think home theater systems are a waste of time.

You might be an audiophile if you don't have an iPod.

You might be an audiophile if you know what "slew rate" means.

You might be an audiophile if you own more LPs and CDs than books or movies.

You might be an audiophile if your speakers are bigger than your microwave oven.

You're definitely an audiophile if your speakers are bigger than your refrigerator.

I'm 7 out of 12. I guess I'm borderline.

Really you can be an cheap audiophile too. Thanks to vintage gear.

Plus a lot of people who are audiophiles do not know how to solder.

been done

I can claim 7/12.

There was a thread on this not too long ago.

I agree with Analogdigit that some of these are wrong, soldering is not required. Pops and clicks on LPs seems screwy too.

on the last point... does that mean only the ones in your main system or do your secondary's need to be at least that size to qualify ?

I got four. But they're the important ones.:D

Oh, and while I was soldering at age 11, I already knew how to ride a bike.

I believe I use to be a 11 out of 12 but then you "slew" me and also realized most of them were needless as far as I was concerned!...........:)

Slew rate = distance in miles of C.L. audio item for sale + $ amount under FMV, + amount of speeding ticket.

I fit all but one of those. And before I sold the Altec A7s.....................................

Dave

5 for me, but like Fisherdude, they are the important ones. :)

And I was soldering at about 13 ...

4 for me, but I disagree with many of the rules.

if you're audiophile your lp's dont HAVE clicks and pops, thats the whole point.

You might be an audiophile if your speakers are bigger than your microwave oven.

You're definitely an audiophile if your speakers are bigger than your refrigerator.

Damn....busted !

You might be an audiophile if you sometimes listen to music without doing anything else.

Daily

You might be an audiophile if you think vacuum tube amplifiers are beautiful.

Doesn't everybody? :scratch2:

You might be an audiophile if you have your local hi-fi dealer's phone number on speed dial.

I have mine memorized. :nerd:

You might be an audiophile if you learned how to solder before you learned how to ride a bike.

That's a toss up. Same year, IIRC.

You might be an audiophile if you don't mind the sound of your LPs' clicks and pops.

I disagree... I bought a VPI. :D

You might be an audiophile if you own more LPs and CDs than books or movies.

Hmm. Where do Music Videos/Movies fit in?

:smoke:

Both of the mains?

:D

I so need therapy.

Back
Top Bottom