You'll shoot yer eye out!.. or yer thumb

Haoleb

OK well this has to rank right up there with one of the stupidest things i ever done. It goes like this... im bored right, so i go get my co2 pellet pistol and a bag of bb's and go outside and just start shooting stuff, anything, rocks, leaves, trees.. whatever. Well this pistol isint made for bb's so i just roll em down the barell and shoot, if i point it down they roll right out. so after like maybe 30 shots im getting bored with that... not to mention the co2 is running out so i load the barell up all the way with bb's which is like 20 or so and shoot em up in the air.. yeah that was stupid they went like 10 feet... walk around.. look at what i shot and then i had the great idea of putting my hand in front of the barell to feel the air coming out :D by now i had shot it like 5 times "dry" so i knew there wasnt nothing in there (this comes back to haunt me)

So i shoot it at my palm, and yeah it felt weird... so now i put my thumb like right next to the barell and shoot it, what! theres blood comin' out of my thumb. WTF! :rolleyes: so i throw down the pistol and go inside and wash the blood off and i cant feel a bb in there but its really swollen feeling so after like 10 mins we go to the er and take x rays and stuff and sure enough, i shot myself.. DOH!:withstpd:

so here i am, typing with a gauzed up thumb thats 2 inches thick telling ya my story.. i feel really stupid but yeah, we all do dumb things. i know how to use guns and have been around em all my life but i guess even if ya got a lil co2 pistol low on gas you should respect it! i learned the smart way;)
Oh yeah, and now i get home and the cops called and they want to talk to me or something
:rolleyes:

dunno when hes comin' but im sure i will hear the.."you should never" yada yada speech.

Doh!

An old phrase comes to mind- "Like handing a 2 year old a loaded pistol"...............

These are the experiences that make you wiser, grasshopper.

What were you thinking Haoleb putting your thumb there ?:rolleyes:

Trow that gun away before you shoot your private parts off:D

PS/ Funny picture, that thumb is great for hitch-hiking:)

Hao
can't you go to a movie or something like that on Sunday!Hope your thumb heals quickly.But those amongst us who have not done something like that please step up!

A.

Doctors and hospitals are always required to report "gunshot wounds" to the police.

Are you gonna be on "Cops"?

Can I have your autograph?

Actually, I feel your pain, because you reminded me of my bb gun stories. Unfortunately, they're too embarrassing to go into...

Clay:eek:

If you fool w/guns of any sort, sooner or later you WILL have an accidental discharge. Just thank your lucky stars it ended up being more-or-less funny. -Sandy G.

I'm glad your ok. It could have been a lot worse. Guns - toy or otherwise, are NEVER to be treated with anything other than respect. I will share while never hurting myself or anyone else, I did blow a hole in the side of my Dad's car with a shot gun when I was about five. He left the gun on the back seat unloaded. Well being an inquisitive child I unknowingly loaded and pulled the trigger. It was LOUD ! Went in the front door making a 1" hole, hit the window frame, and blew the door skin almost totally off. Proceeded to break the neighbors bedroom window. :dunno: Hey, I was five.

OUCH !! : :eek:

BE CAREFUL !!

Don't look down the barrell next time, or you may not be able to report such stupid stuff!!;)

MY stupid gun story isn't nearly as good but.....

I went out with a guy to target shoot with a 357 magnum.

No ear protection.

I heard ringing in my ears for a week.

Now years later I have poor hearing in my right ear. An audiologist said it's probably from the 357.:(

Shain that is funny cuz I grew up watching TV and movies and all I knew was TV and movie gunfire. Well when I got to my teens I went to the local sandpit with my friend and some of his dad's guns and when he fired that first .307 rifle or some such I was like :eek: THAT'S F@CKING LOUD! :eek: We also shot off some 30/06 and some 12 guage and I gotta tell ya after that day I never looked at guns the same. I have always liked them, love to look at them touch them take them apart, clean them put them back together but except for .22's and airguns I can do without shooting them.

I always think it's funny in a way to watch TV and movies now because you'll see some guy shoot someone in a an apt. or a house and the cops never show up, hell the neighbors "supposedly" don't even hear it. Hell you fire a gun and everyone within a mile is gonna know it ;)

lol, glad you guys liked it. I figure if nothing else it will be a funny story to tell when im older :)

When the cop called lastnight he was like how do you feel? uh. fine. its really minor, ive cut myself worse doing other things (like riding bikes) Luckly there wasnt much air power left in the thing... which is the main reason why i was stupid enough to shoot it at my hand anyway :rolleyes:

heh thatch, that reminds me... I had this small fan when i was younger, like 10 or something and i was playing with it without the grill thing on there and the blade was kinda broken already because i liked to stick things in the fan, .... lol.... i stuck my hand over the top to turn it off or something and one of the blades took out a nice lil peice of my arm :eek: Got the scar to prove it!

Back
Top Bottom