You'll shoot yer eye out!.. or yer thumb

Yea ..a lot of people are lost at my 'obscure' sense of humor....too bad........

I keep the really nasty stuff off the forum though!!!!

Speaking of fans...

A couple of weeks ago, i had a DLP that would shut down , the lamp was lighting ,and then going out. I figured that the Mirror module fan was not running. I could not see it well, so i reached my left hand in to just touch the hub, and make sure it was running( after all, they are just little dc brushless fans, with no torque, so what harm could there be?)

WELL,

my index finger caught the blade,and it cut five nice little cuts on it, and the scars are still there. So, respect fans!(even the little plastic 3" ones can give a nice cut if you touch them wrong!)

LOL

When I was about 5 I discovered how to snap my fingers and one morning I snapped my fingers as I was passing a little 7" metal bladed fan in the hallway.

You guessed it!

I still have the scars to show for it 55 years later !

This is what happens when you play with knives and lose

yep I took that pic yesterday and surgery was last Thursday. slipped with a knife last November and this is the second time its been repaired. Took out the tendon. Makes typing really damn interesting. 8-9 vicadin a day have been helping me cope.

grumpy

Damn Grump, I remember when you did that. The freakin' never ending story huh?

Haole,

Took a big man to lay that story out for all to see. Thanks for the giggle.

Toasted Almond

Yeah, well ya know they really over do it when you go to the hospital. A couple bandaids works just fine.

Last time i was there for a nice lil crash i had on my mountain bike i had to get 10 stitches or something like that, you shoulda seen my arm, you would have thought they had to sew it back on by the amount of gauze and stuff on there. lol

Well instead of coming up here they just called lastnight, asked me some questions since they have to file a report... what happened, how do you feel, what color is the gun when did it happen.. like that... Surprisingly he didnt start laughing on the phone. Too bad, that would have been funny.

The guy said they dont need to come and take a pic of my finger (yeah what are they gonna see, a bandaid. lol) and just filed it as a home accident...

.. Wonder if i will be in the weekly police report in the newspaper... I can see it now.

"Stupid Haole shoots himself in hand with misused bb gun, foul play is not suspect":uzi:

Originally posted by grumpy
This is what happens when you play with knives and lose

So much for breakfast :puke: Thanks Grumpy I'm trying to cut back anyways ;)

Maybe It will start a new diet fad eh Thor ? :p:

Thumbs up!

Originally posted by Haoleb
OK well this has to rank right up there with one of the stupidest things i ever done.

Well, at least you didn't short out an amp's PSU with your platinum bling-bling. Not namin' names...

Haoleb, this is what we call a "Darwinian Warning Shot". Put the gun down and step back.

Don't feel too bad. We have all sorts of "normal" people here on the mainland whose IQ drops to room temp once they're packing heat. In the movie "Bowling for Columbine" there's a story about some nut who dressed his dog up in blaze orange hunting gear complete with gun so he could videotape it. Well, the gun went off injuring said owner. The dog was not charged since (as far as they could tell) there was no intent.

Back
Top Bottom