Young folks, post those systems!

I'm 19 and I am Running:

1964 KLH Model 17
Audio Source LS545
Modified Klipsch ProMedia Satellites

Connected to:
1978 Technics SA400 Stereo Receiver
TEAC 5 Disk CD Player

I am planning to get more older speakers when I get a job and can afford it :)

My 2nd System:
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Connected to 2000 AIWA Headunit

My 3rd System:
Panasonic SB-PM19 Connected to a 1978 Kenwood TK-55 Solid State Stereo FM Receiver which my computer is also connected to via AUX.

-Niko

How on earth did you afford all that at 23? At 23 I was making a shade above minimum working as a bank teller before I headed off to graduate school!

-D

At 17 or 18 I had a Technics SL-1800 TT, Pioneer RT-707 RtR, Pioneer SA-8500 II integrated, Pioneer TX-5500 II tuner, Biamp electronic crossover, 120 W Biamp amplifier, and JBL L300 clones.

I was working as a courtesy clerk at the local grocery store, and saving everything I could. When I had enough money to purchase the Technics and Pioneer gear instead of taking the money out of the bank, I instead used the money as collateral to get a low interest secured loan to help establish my credit.

In those days we didn't have cell phones, internet, etc.. We didn't have to spend money to be entertained all the time (pre Intertainment Age), and cooked rather than ate out all the time. It's amazing how much money we spend these days on what we think are essential.

Hay AK. 24 here

Picture is my main guy :) TCC TC-754 preamp. Yamaha M-50 poweramp pushing two Polk Monitor 11t's. Sauce is Dual 510w/ Ortofon LM20 and a Yamaha CDX-520.

Computer system is an S5 K12G kit pushing a pair of Optimus Pro LX5's. I still need a DAC for that.

I also have a pair of Grado SR60i's floating around that I plan to build a tubed head amp for soonish.

Nice systems here guys!

Attachments

• 100_1697.jpg
    100_1697.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 52
Hey I'm 31. Wait is that not young? Crap. I like your setup. Nice choices. Curious. Did you scavenge for your stuff at thrift shops or did you get them on eBay / craigslist?

At 17 or 18 I had a Technics SL-1800 TT, Pioneer RT-707 RtR, Pioneer SA-8500 II integrated, Pioneer TX-5500 II tuner, Biamp electronic crossover, 120 W Biamp amplifier, and JBL L300 clones.

In those days we didn't have cell phones, internet, etc.. We didn't have to spend money to be entertained all the time (pre Intertainment Age), and cooked rather than ate out all the time. It's amazing how much money we spend these days on what we think are essential.

At 17 or 18, I was saving all my money for college (I escaped with only $8k of loans). No internet (well, we had Bitnet on campus and BBS'es, but I didn't buy my computer until after I graduated from college in '91), no cable TV, no cell phones, etc. Sometimes I miss those days - things were a lot simpler then.

-D

I am 14. My system changes frequently, but I'm currently running:

Realistic STA-82 driving a pair of Solo-3 speakers (this is a great match)
Teac A-400
Marantz 6100 w/ Shure M97xE

My computer system consists of a Pioneer SA-7500 II driving Realistic MC-1200's.

I also have a JVC AX-R551, S5 Electronics K-12m, modded KLH-17's, Dynaco A-10's, EconoWaves (which are a little boomy but otherwise really nice), and other gear not really worth mentioning.

DSC01046.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

i'm 23.these pics are old. much really hasn't changed tho besides my current status of my area is a mess right now from working on a pair of speakers

thanks! i use all my vintage stereo amps for my headphone use besides speakers. hasn't disappoint me yet. drives all my 600ohm headphones flawlessly with more then enough gain available(i know there's more to it then gain. my amps drop down enough voltage especially for my power hungry akg 240DF since output impedance of my sansui and hitachi is 680ohms while my yamaha i have no idea). i haven't found any use for any type of dedicated headamp since all my current amps have more then enough torque at the headphone out.

Back
Top Bottom