Your automotive "Bucket List"?

I think that is it, really isn't it. For all the exotic nature and $$$$. Top Gear still got a Mitsubishi Evolution around their track as fast as a Lambourghini. People mock American cars as having outdated technology, such as leaf springs in the Corvette, or solid rear axles, or pushrods. But if it works, it works. That Corvette is as fast as anybody could ever need unless they are on a track. What America does and does better than anybody else is put things in reach of the common man. I'll never afford a Ferrari, but maybe one day I can afford a new Corvette or Viper. Maybe the interior isn't as nice and it doesn't have that wow factor, but it's not really much slower and it still looks and sounds like a beast. America makes fast cars obtainable. I got my 2015 Mustang for the price of a 4 cylinder Camry. Very few countries in the world can make a RWD car with 300hp so cheap to the average Joe. Maybe a Porsche 911 is faster than my car, but it wasn't a choice between a 911 and my Mustang. It was a choice between my Mustang and some godawful econobox.

I have to agree, You don't need the latest and greatest technology to go fast. I bought a new Mustang GT in 1985 and when it had just over 500 miles a new 328 Ferrari pulled up to a light next to me, It was a divided highway with no cars ahead of us so when he pulled away from the light a little faster than normal, so did I. when we were over 110 I was still right at his front bumper and he backed off. At the next light he asked what I had done to it I told him nothing (I did do some carb work but that was it), I remember the smile leaving his face when I told him it was only $10,000 too.

#1 on my list: 55 Chevy sedan delivery with an old school BBC in it and a 5 or 6 speed O/D trans for hiway cruising.

#2 : 69 Chevelle 300 deluxe 2 door post L-78 SS 396/375HP.Muncie m21 or 22 4 speed.

#3: 65 Buick Riviera fully loaded with options. For my money It's the nicest looking car GM ever made.

#4: 65 Malibu SS 2 door HT, L-79 327 with Muncie 4 speed.

#5: 70 Olds W30 442, with the W27 rear axle option, 4speed of course. ;)

Can ya tell I likes my GM products?? :p

#1 on my list: 55 Chevy sedan delivery with an old school BBC in it and a 5 or 6 speed O/D trans for hiway cruising.

#2 : 69 Chevelle 300 deluxe 2 door post L-78 SS 396/375HP.Muncie m21 or 22 4 speed.

#3: 65 Buick Riviera fully loaded with options. For my money It's the nicest looking car GM ever made.

#4: 65 Malibu SS 2 door HT, L-79 327 with Muncie 4 speed.

#5: 70 Olds W30 442, with the W27 rear axle option, 4speed of course. ;)

Can ya tell I likes my GM products?? :p

You might like this pic of the 55 I raced against at the Nostalgia Race this past summer

MIRLegends2.jpg

I think that is it, really isn't it. For all the exotic nature and $$$$. Top Gear still got a Mitsubishi Evolution around their track as fast as a Lambourghini. People mock American cars as having outdated technology, such as leaf springs in the Corvette, or solid rear axles, or pushrods. But if it works, it works.
That's true. And really, even the common import brands we have access to are affordable, and within reach of the average buyer. One example--the prototype Civic Type R had broken a Nurburgring lap record back in 2015. When those become available here (later this year?), the few who want that type of speed and handling can afford it, and it will probably cost 1/8 to 1/10 the cost of the exotics. Point is, we have so many affordable choices, plenty of manufacturers with dozens of models to choose from.
Can't choose.......between the Gremlin & Pacer......:eek:
Why choose? Get both. :D Those were all over the roads here in the Motor City when I was growing up.

Maybe not bucket list material as they are all pretty easily achievable but I'd like an original BMW M3, another first gen M3 with a beefed up second gen M3 engine, about a '67 Corvette with modern suspension/steering/brakes like the one in Cheers, a third generation Mazda RX-7, an 82-ish Porsche 911SC and an AC Cobra clone that's mean but not too crazy. I also wouldn't mind having a nice 1966 or 1967 Nova and/or a 1967 or 1968 Mustang notchback. Matching numbers don't matter much to me.

I've ridden in a couple Cobra clones. One was pretty damn scary and the other one was faster and had a more aggressive driver. I've driven a Viper but was afraid to drive it too fast. I grew up around a couple guys that used to race cars and built racecars so I've been in plenty of fast cars but most of them were much faster in a straight line rather than around turns and I really like the fast turns.

For modern kinda techy modern cars, an Audio RS6 would be up there on my list or for a really fast car, a Porsche GT2 would be about the craziest I'd want to.
Honestly I'd be happy with a first gen M3 that was unmolested but those are getting hard to find for a reasonable price.

2020 ford bronco.As long as its not a suv platform.p90d telsa ludicrous !57-59 ford v8 in 2door or wagon.1967 amc ambassdor 343,1970 superbee 383 4 speed ramair.
3.jpg

Last edited:
I have owned and enjoyed many vehicles over the years, and driven a few others. I think that what I would most enjoy at this late final stage in my journey of life would be either a 2CV or a MG-TD

IMHO, every gearhead should drive a 12-cylinder car at least once in his life....it`s a unique experience. My particular joyride was in a BMW 750i (1989 or `90)....relatively big car that seemed to shrink around me as speed increased, encouraging me to hammer it flat out through the twisties, pretty much the way I would drive a Corvette. Real nice car, impressive at all levels. "Executive`s Hot Rod" is what I would call it.

Missed this earlier,Who won???

II got the win light. We had identical .011 reaction times. He dialed a 9.15 and I had a 9.19 on the window. He had me by a fender near the traps I think he must of lifted because I just edged him at the stripe. The deal with bracket racing is you lose if you run under your dial. I ran a 9.201 so i was right there...maybe he messed up trying to tighten it up.

Nothing too fancy for me I just want a 77 T-bird with a white leather interior like the one I had in my 20's. I dropped a 429 into that and it was plenty.

Back
Top Bottom