Your Best Studio Cans, ever.

hamsterdam

They don't have to be Studio Reference, just which have been the most accurate to the recording for you? If you have some sound engineering/production, would love to hear those opinions as well.

Before i begin, i should mention i have only produced for local bands, and am now hanging that up. Having said that, I've had all sorts of headphones (i use both cans and monitors), My Sennheiser HD 380 pros are the best after "burn in", if there really is such a thing compared to anything i've sampled, including all the way up the Senn line. They are comfortable enough, i've fallen asleep with them on. They block outside noise conventionally...by having closed backs and one heck of an ergo dynamic fit and seal.

Interchangeable cords, cushions and speakers, make it a formidable set. The cord plugs into the headphones in a way that completes the shape of the earpiece on the left side, placing less stress at the jack joint. Either 20 ft spiral or straight cable are available, for me, i find i like the spiral, less stress frays at the connection.:thmbsp:

Of course this is subjective to a good degree. Each person finds something that suits them best. i can hear virtually all mistakes on albums through these. i appreciate that they don't color the sound, and no bass boost. They come as close as any to deliver the same sound that went into the recording...no alteration, and they aren't forgiving...but there is a bit of fun hearing coughs or dialog during a song that usually is deeply buried.

Best to all,

—dave

I don't do any production but I will say that the AKG Q701 is my reference to how things should sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom