Your better cd players, in regards to transport/disc reading?

Hi I just relazered a pioneer elite player from 1989 and availability was not an issue. I know that the stable platter machines by pioneer are real bueaty's, has my vote.

nobody mentioned technics, I knowsome of them use Philips CDM 12.1 transports which are used on some very expensive machines. I have one that reads everything you throw at it. TNT has a review of Atoll CD 100 - CD player, which goes for 1,250 Euro/$. When compairing it to a technics pg 490 they say " We opened the two players and compared them side by side. No doubt, the two players were stunningly close."

Mmm... In fact I can listen to a Teac (Esoteric is the brand in Japan) P ZERO sometimes. It's the biggest unit I know. Just 12 were build, exclusively sold in Japan. A friend of mine got one.

I know a Teac P2 (my buddy), and I have a P10. For me these drives are the very best. I think some little toys like VRDS 25 or 30 are good enough, and a VRDS 10 or T1 are ok.

Teac boy

Cdx-920

attachment.php

looks a bit like my CDX-500U.

My Yamaha is still holding up quite well. Need a new belt for the tray, but it plays burned CD's just fine.

Right now, I still can't bring myself to pay out $5.xx shipping on a $2 belt. :(

Back
Top Bottom