Your car SUCKS....

Time to unpimp zee auto! Got a chance to drive the first MK V brought to the U.S. back in 05'. VW of America was our main sponsor at our annual Colorado gathering (Edition719.com). Our event was the same day as the Pikes Peak Hill Climb and the open class winner of the event, for that year, was a heavily modded Audi. He trailered it down and ran some laps around our parking lot AutoX course. Never seen so much smoke come from all-wheel drive tires before! The turbo's were so huge they stuck out the top of the hood.

"Yo Mikey wann us to unpimp dis ting let me hear yoo say 'Vat'?"

"What?"

!Smash!

Gotta love it. :)

I think my favorite is "The Flame" becomes "The Lame"

"You got an F" !!!

-----------------

I don't see as many cars with the stupid huge wings and other crap on the roads anymore. Just a passing fad, or people got smarter or ???

I still see that cheapo JC witless rice rocket crap around DC ...
econo-box Civics with big metal wings and such ...
All those poseurs with juice can mufflers and no other changes ... ugh!

Understand, we own a box stock 2000 Civic SI and stock 2004 CRV 5sp -
I don't mind japanese cars with a bit of snap, but not ones that are pretending
to be something they aren't.

I guess because I'm further outside the city (West of Baltimore for me) I just don't seem to see as many crapboxes......... thankfully.

Just a personal preference thing, and independent of country of Mfg. I was always the guy who would spend $$$ on something useful....something that would actually enhance performance whether handling, braking, HP/Torque, etc. I refused to spend it on "tack on" crap which just detracted from the vehicle.

I don't see as many cars with the stupid huge wings and other crap on the roads anymore. Just a passing fad, or people got smarter or ???

It seems to have passed here in my little piece of heaven (So Cal), but there's always another incredibly stupid and impractical urban street trend on the horizon.

VW has often had good advertising. I also kind of like their cars. They don't look cheesy, tacky, or just horrifically bland like a lot of others do. Also, the modified ones are usually done in a much more tasteful manner than some of the Asian economy cars.

I like the current VW's better looking than most especially the current rice. I had a VW Rabbit
for commuting back in the late 80's got the job done it had real good seats back then american cars had terrible seats including the Z28 I had then also. It did have it's share of electrical faults taillight boards and main circuit /relay board . to name 2.
my best commuter was a Honda civic it went 288k but the rabbit was more fun to drive. and had way better seats.

Back to the OP, I really liked those commercials because they clearly voiced what a lot of us were thinking....

It seems to have passed here in my little piece of heaven (So Cal), but there's always another incredibly stupid and impractical urban street trend on the horizon.

Very true. The one I notice around here in more recent times is that of EXTREMELY bright chrome GAUDY wheels. Sheesh. And impractical? Yeah... like ultra low profile tires on an SUV. :no: Who's the friggin' Einstein that came up with that one?

"It's definitely sucking" lol!

Unfortunately I still see some hideous ricer crap around my parts. I hate that shit, they look idiotic and sound like a goat.

Back
Top Bottom