Your Epitaph or songs you want played at your service ?

"Up here" is Heaven.

Oh yeah... I remember that story... I trust you.

I can hear Norman Greenbaum now " when I die and lay me to rest, I know a place that's the best..." ...gotta have a friend in jesus... "

Always found it amazing that the song came from a guy named " Greenbaum ".... hmm

Still a great song... I love it like I love the songs in Frozen.

"Up here" is Heaven.

...so this reminds me of a couple of weeks ago. The following is not a criticism, just an anecdote :

My wife and I have two young ones, a 3 year old and a 5 year old. We are not particularly religious, but both my wife and I spent many years studying theology and have a deep respect and understanding for those who are.

Our caregiver is very religious... jesus pictures everywhere, crosses, scripture quotes, bumper stickers n such... the kind that likes to advertise her brand of belief.

My wife and I really like our kids being exposed to this side, although it is sometimes difficult to explain the differences between secular reality, and faith-based reality. But we try to use these exposures to open a dialogue with our kids and we are still working on the definitions of belief and faith...

Our kids are both very intrigued with globes, and maps and we have a couple Orrerys in the house.

Couple weeks ago, I go to pick the kids up from daycare, and they have a Leap-frog Globe that they are playing with and my daughter is holding a Ping-Pong ball and acting as though it is the moon. She looks at me and asks " Dad, where exactly is heaven " ? I say " I don't know " , I look at the care giver and ask " you want to field that one ? " She is an absolute expert with children and distracts them with a question ... How many cookies do you want to take home with you?... while holding up a delicious sugary treat ...

...anyway

Back to Epitaphs - How about something like this :

upload_2018-1-27_9-42-37.png

The bigger arrow is me hedging my bets... like Pascals Wager... just inverted:p

Slightly off topic but when my best friend passed away at 48 a couple of years ago he had a couple of songs played .First was a good part of Freebird and as they took the casket to the hearst was Happy trails!

Maybe we should include a song or two that you would want played at your service.

...so this reminds me of a couple of weeks ago. The following is not a criticism, just an anecdote :

My wife and I have two young ones, a 3 year old and a 5 year old. We are not particularly religious, but both my wife and I spent many years studying theology and have a deep respect and understanding for those who are.

Our caregiver is very religious... jesus pictures everywhere, crosses, scripture quotes, bumper stickers n such... the kind that likes to advertise her brand of belief.

My wife and I really like our kids being exposed to this side, although it is sometimes difficult to explain the differences between secular reality, and faith-based reality. But we try to use these exposures to open a dialogue with our kids and we are still working on the definitions of belief and faith...

Our kids are both very intrigued with globes, and maps and we have a couple Orrerys in the house.

Couple weeks ago, I go to pick the kids up from daycare, and they have a Leap-frog Globe that they are playing with and my daughter is holding a Ping-Pong ball and acting as though it is the moon. She looks at me and asks " Dad, where exactly is heaven " ? I say " I don't know " , I look at the care giver and ask " you want to field that one ? " She is an absolute expert with children and distracts them with a question ... How many cookies do you want to take home with you?... while holding up a delicious sugary treat ...

...anyway

Back to Epitaphs - How about something like this :

View attachment 1099081

The bigger arrow is me hedging my bets... like Pascals Wager... just inverted:p

That's a healthy approach. No force, no deterrence. :thumbsup:

Slightly off topic but when my best friend passed away at 48 a couple of years ago he had a couple of songs played .First was a good part of Freebird and as they took the casket to the hearst was Happy trails!

It wasn't Van Halen's version, was it? :D

....and now for the songs to be played. In interest of keeping the funeral short so that those I leave behind can get on with life, I chose these 2 gems:

Free Bird has been in my mind forever and it's been done to death (bad pun I know) so I have a secondary song I would like played. If You Wanna Get To Heaven, Ozark Mtn Daredevils.

"Epitafio para la sepultura de Don Quijote", lyrics by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, music by Rodolfo Halffter:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom