Your fav detective on either screens?

I see where "Bosch" is back. Right? He kinda reminds me of the Brit dude in Stan Lee's lucky series.

Q

The GF and I have just started watching season 1 of Bosch. We're really enjoying it so far.

-Dave

From the past, Jim Rockford.
Today, Holmes in Elementary.
Honorable mention, Hawk in Spenser for Hire—mostly because of the cool all-white 6-series BMW coupe he drove!

Definitely like Rockford and Bosch is perfectly cast. Spenser for Hire was my favorite. They got the casting right on Parker and Hawk. Plus the writing was true to the Parker books. And yeah, that era 6 series is truly one of my favorite all time cars.

I would have liked to have seen a Travis McGee series or movie.

This guy:

luther_wallpaper.jpg

Rainn Wilson as Everett Backstrom on Fox, one season (2015) and out...another one season run on Fox from several years ago, The Good Guys (2010) with Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks as Dan Stark and Jack Bailey...hilarious.
Surprised no one has mentioned Steve McQueen as Frank Bullitt.

My favorite episode is the murder that he investigated at the Mensa club. "Oh, just one more thing I really enjoy Inspector George Gently on PBS.

My hat' still the "ring" for Inspector Clouseau.

After all he's pays attention to details. He's a great listener. He can be a smoothy with the women (but not that successful). He looks the part...least in the dim light. He's like a Bulldog when he get his teeth into a clue. He's faithful. And, he has a rather intriguing, if not confusing accent, which tends to help him out in times of need.

Sadly his IS lacking just that one, very minor attribute that makes for a formidable enforcer of the law. But who's perfect, eh? Bien sur!:bigok:

Would like to have seen Columbo and this Gendarme make a combo movie. It would have been a classic saga blazing the trail for other detectives to follow!

Least that's my take for the day.

Q

Just watched an episode of Columbo last night where Ed Begley Jr. turned out to be the perp!!:yikes:
I kinda liked Johnny Cash as a bad guy for a change! It's always nice seeing normally "good guys" turn up in bad guy roles. Off the topic of discussion, but Andy Griffith as murderer!?!?!

Peter Falk as Columbo

William Powell as Nick Charles in the Thin Man movies

Titus Welliver as Harry Bosch

Frances McDormand as Marge Gunderson in Fargo

I watched Murder in Coweta County this afternoon after having my memory jarred that I hadn't watched it in years. Love Johnny Cash as a lawman!

Last edited:
From Canada, Murdoch Mysteries is a fun show, with Detective William Murdoch as the show's title character. He displays a great scientific and forward-thinking mind. And, he's just as unafraid to fight official corruption as he is to take on any baddie. The show is set in turn-of-the-century Toronto. It has run for 10 seasons now, and the 11th is in production (at least it better be, thanks to the cataclysmic cliffhanger from last season).

I know it's already been mentioned, but I can't say enough good about DCS Christopher Foyle, from Foyle's War. Who else can make a bad guy wilt with just a twitch of his mouth? Seriously, it is a VERY good show, with a fascinating premise: fighting crime on the "home front", on the south coast of Britain during WWII.

Wallander-Krister Henriksson (Sweeden) and Montalbano- Luca Zingaretti (Italy)

Peter Haber as Beck and
Trond Espen Seim as Varg Veum are also great

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom