Your fav detective on either screens?

I still love Columbo. He wins by inviting the bad guy to underestimate him.

On the big screen I love Bill Pullman as Daryl Zero in Zero Effect: the best modern Sherlock Holmes-inspired detective. Also Nick Charles in The Thin Man movies. The character was created by Dashiell Hammett and played brilliantly by William Powell. If we are allowed to add radio detectives, I am a big fan of Richard Diamond (also voiced by William Powell) and Johnny Dollar (the Bill Bailey version).

On TV I loved George Peppard, in his pre-A-Team days as Banacek.

I still love Columbo. He wins by inviting the bad guy to underestimate him.

On the big screen I love Bill Pullman as Daryl Zero in Zero Effect: the best modern Sherlock Holmes-inspired detective. Also Nick Charles in The Thin Man movies. The character was created by Dashiell Hammett and played brilliantly by William Powell. If we are allowed to add radio detectives, I am a big fan of Richard Diamond (also voiced by William Powell) and Johnny Dollar (the Bill Bailey version).

On TV I loved George Peppard, in his pre-A-Team days as Banacek.

If a historical audio buff...don't forget..."The Shadow"! Got a series of cassettes Christmases ago, more than I want to figure out that are still in the cellophane wrapper.:)

Q

Last edited:
If a historical audio buff...don't forget..."The Shadow"! Got a series of cassettes Christmases ago, more than I want to figure out that are still in the cellophane wrapper.:)

Q

When I was a little kid my grandfather would preface every answer to a question I asked him with, "The Shadow knows!"

-Dave

I like 3 very different ones, for different reasons.

1-Monk- He's the anti-thesis of hero, cowardly mostly. But he makes use of his debilitating OCD to catch criminals with evidence from noticing small details, sharp memory, and ability to piece together information.

2-Vic Mackey- He gets criminals using a mix of illegal, and unethical tactics.He's also a dirty cop, but he still gets the job done.

3-Jimmy McNulty- He relies on manipulation, deceit, and resourcefulness to do his job.

Back
Top Bottom