Your Favorite 8 inch 2-Way Speakers

i have mission 770 freedom,and esm 2 but i think my energy 22.2 sound better

I am a big fan of the Bose 601 series II and III. I have a pair of II's that I have had for over 30 years and they still sound great. Here are pictures of one of my two pairs.
601II_ebay3.jpg 601II_ebay4.jpg

I had some OHM 2-ways with an 8", can't remember the model, but they sounded sublime. Wish i still had em, they're one set i search for. Great low end.
Most likely a pair of model e... Was probably my suggestion as greatest sounding... They cannot handle much power and do not truly make it to 20k... But, i will be famed everyone i play anything through them it just sings... I recently upgraded a pair to 3 way and they sound even better... But, my other suggestion ( i know,i know,i know) would be a pair of bose 601 series II... Dual 8" and four tweeters, first order natural roll off and crazy multidimensional sound. Love them!

Attachments

• IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0520.JPG
    IMG_0520.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0521.JPG
    IMG_0521.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I am a big fan of the Bose 601 series II and III. I have a pair of II's that I have had for over 30 years and they still sound great. Here are pictures of one of my two pairs.
View attachment 963732 View attachment 963734
Haha i was thinking the same thing and just posted it in a previous post without reading this first. Here is a pair i recently reconditioned.

Attachments

• IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 46
Most likely a pair of model e... Was probably my suggestion as greatest sounding... They cannot handle much power and do not truly make it to 20k... But, i will be famed everyone i play anything through them it just sings... I recently upgraded a pair to 3 way and they sound even better... But, my other suggestion ( i know,i know,i know) would be a pair of bose 601 series II... Dual 8" and four tweeters, first order natural roll off and crazy multidimensional sound. Love them!

Not E, they were 2-way. But they also had "OHM" on the dust caps, which i have yet to see elsewhere. Cabs were solid, but i remember the grills were flimsy. wood, but 3/4" square and broke easily.

Another I just saw mentioned in another thread that should be mentioned here as well.

The Infinity RS8 (the older bookshelf speaker w/EMIT tweeters).

Man I'd love to have a pair of those to put thru their paces,as I'm a big fan of EMIT tweeters & I'd really like to see how well it performs in an 8" two-way.

FWIW

Bret P.

I'm digging the Frazier CAT33 drivers that I threw in a Bolivar 125 cab. 8", two-way, stacked on top of each other.

TDL Super Compact. Really clean and clear sound. Don't know why the picture is sideways. I have, and have enjoyed, EPI 100's as well.
TDL Compact 11_24_09 007sm.jpg

Two days ago I picked up a pair of Celestion DL-8 in very good condition for the cost of lunch. Was unable to pay close attention to them until today. Just listened to an old mono copy of The Beatles - Yesterday & today and the vocals,,,,,Whoa!

IMG_3369.JPG IMG_3371.JPG

the only one i have is boston acoustics cr9 which i like a lot. dont think i ever had another 2-way of this configuration.

Back
Top Bottom