Your favorite cables for around $100 or less...

Anti ics are running pre eq amp.
Fantastic in the space and time domain.
Was running Zebras from my CD player fantastic with instruments, voices.
I'm running a Grover cable from my CD now. Rich, detailed great imaging. I want 10k speakers now!

Anti ics are running pre eq amp.
Fantastic in the space and time domain.
Was running Zebras from my CD player fantastic with instruments, voices.
I'm running a Grover cable from my CD now. Rich, detailed great imaging. I want 10k speakers now!

I keep seeing people mention these Anti ICs. What are they, just a brand?

I never thought a power cable could make a difference with a low end system like mine, but then I bought two Tributaries 9 series power cables and all of a sudden my system 'opened' (for lack of a better term). It made no difference to my CDP, but for my amp it was amazing. Retail is $150 ea., but I paid $90 shipped for both.

ICs - I use KnuKonceptz which are cheap and very well constructed, but I can't tell a difference in sound from the DIY cables I made for $4 ea.

Speaker cable - Canare Quadstar. Amazing difference over the DIY cables I was using and the 10awg before that and the Monster before that.

I never thought a power cable could make a difference with a low end system like mine, but then I bought two Tributaries 9 series power cables and all of a sudden my system 'opened' (for lack of a better term). It made no difference to my CDP, but for my amp it was amazing. Retail is $150 ea., but I paid $90 shipped for both.

ICs - I use KnuKonceptz which are cheap and very well constructed, but I can't tell a difference in sound from the DIY cables I made for $4 ea.

Speaker cable - Canare Quadstar. Amazing difference over the DIY cables I was using and the 10awg before that and the Monster before that.

Yep, the "open" sound is how I've described it, also "bigger." It can make a huge difference.

Yep, the "open" sound is how I've described it, also "bigger." It can make a huge difference.

As far as I know, I never badmouthed IEC cables on forums, but I had to eat my words a bit with a friend of mine.

I was awestruck that such a small cost made such a huge difference.

As far as I know, I never badmouthed IEC cables on forums, but I had to eat my words a bit with a friend of mine.

I was awestruck that such a small cost made such a huge difference.

*cough* that Platinum doesn't hurt either... :thmbsp:

And I forgot to mention for speaker cables I use Kimber 4TC, which was around $100 for 5 feet. I couldn't tell you what if any advantages there are to these because they're the only speaker cables I've used.

$100 or less speaker cables.....

I too, like many others wanted to foray into upgrading to better speaker cables from the standard everyday brands sold at discount audio stores. I found a pair of used Analysis Plus - Oval 12's on Ebay (Paid $72.00) and am trying them now. The jury's still out, but I think there is some small improvement. Was it worth the cost, time will tell.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom