Your favorite car commercials!

The Range Rover commercial I shot in 2003 where I fell in love with and almost married a Thai FHM cover-model wasn't bad.

Such a great commercial. VW has often done excellent ads, except for their stint under Crispin Porter + Bogusky (ad agency). They nearly killed off the brand trying to make it "cool". That ad was done by Deutsch LA, who really have done good work for them. Ok, I'll stop talking about work now!

Of course, there's the classic print stuff Doyle-Dane-Bernbach did for VW in the Sixties ... anybody remember "It's Ugly, But It Gets You There" ...?

The experience was amazing. The commercial? Not the best.

http://adland.tv/commercials/land-rover-range-rover-respect-2003-030-usa

Crappy on-air version with gratuitous clunky interior shot, lame cinematic music, dumb voice over, and action cut to the point it doesn't really make sense (director/creative's cut used location sound and a different edit that made more sense, but I haven't uploaded it..ah clients!).

Kinda missing something.

Plus, we need pics of the FHM cover model. :)

Last edited:
I just finished 3 week's worth of walking car lots looking for my next car.

The Kia hamsters were the main reason Kia's were not even considered. I don''t like those commercials at all....... they're too annoying to watch for more than a few seconds. But then again, I really doubt I'm the demographic they're shooting for. :)

Back
Top Bottom