Your Favorite FM Station

sidbartos

Everyone has that station that you love to play while you relax/work on gear/clean/blast from your garage for street parties...

Living in Cincinnati, I would have to say mine is the newly owned 92.5 The Fox classic rock..pretty shallow playlist right now but consistently good music. I used to love Mojo 94.9 until a bunch of FM stations got new ownership a couple years ago and switched formats.

What's yours? :music:

KSAN-san francisco, prog rock, back in the mid '70s.
KOZZ nee KGLR, reno, nv, contemp. rock, later '70s to '81.
WAAF-worcester, ma contemporary rock, in the '80s.
WAQY-springfield, ma early '90s. morning drive time with '(jim) rodeo and (john) o'brien'; skits like 'learning to spell with darnell', etc.

dont listen to FM anymore. too many commercials.

Last edited:
KCSM - 24 hour jazz
KPFA - Derk Richardson, Bonnie Simmons , Blues by the Bay, Eddy Pay
KALW - Tangents with Dore Stein, Beale Street Caravan, Then and Now (classical)

and going back in the time machine I second KSAN freeform rock

88.9 WVCE

Awesome public radion station. The transmitter is only a few miles from here so my signal is incredible. They do classical all day which I love. Then at night its three hours of jazz and the guy really knows his stuff. Then the weekends its a mix. The Folk Sampler, Mountain Stage, Blues, Electric Crowd, The Out of the Blue Radio Review. I listen to this station every day. I have never even moved my tuner before.

kjazz - long beach community college jazz
ksds - San Diego city community college jazz
kswd - Rock (one of the last real radio stations in so-cal - LA)
kpbs - SD public radio

kjazz - long beach community college jazz
ksds - San Diego city community college jazz
kswd - Rock (one of the last real radio stations in so-cal - LA)
kpbs - SD public radio

I hadn't listened to the Sound, KSWD 100.3, in a long time and thanks to your post, there is now another station besides KJAZZ I can listen to. Thanks!

KGON 92.3 FM Classic Rock since 1977 I'm listening to the same DJ's that I listened to in 1978-79 when I first started listening to them.

You know KOZZ? Cool! When I was a kid, that was the station all the "bad kids" listened to...

how 'bout the bruce van dyke or stou buchannon shows (sometime mid to late '70s, '80, '81)?

or tuesday nights 'album of the week'? i made cassette copies of many; still got 'em.

Last edited:
Your Favorite FM Station....
What's yours? :music:

Man I haven't listened to FM in years. I just seems like it's degenerated into talk format.... which I personally hate. I want music, not some morons jabbering away.

That being said I ran into something here on the internet when searching for information about some (new to me) artists. KCRW in California. I've listened/watched a few clips from Morning Becomes Eclectic, and some of it is insanely good. If I were on the Left coast I'd be a listener for sure.

I've got FM tuners gathering dust. Perhaps I'll resurrect one and try again. I'm in the Baltimore, Md area. Any suggestions as to some good stations? (My definition of good: mostly music, little talk or advertising)

I used to listen to WHFS way back when..... when they'd play alternative music, and not just repeat through a playlist over and over.

Going back further, when I was in Ohio, I used to listen to WEBN out of Cincinnati. They used to play a lot of obscure and/or up and coming artist sort of music, gave a nice accounting of the songs and artists they'd just played, and had little advertising. That was back in the early to mid 70's. I suspect that's all changed ??

Back
Top Bottom