Your Favorite FM Station

For you guys listening to webstreams....you may want to record them while you can. I'm hearing rumblings that a BUNCH are going to announce next week that they are dropping the service.

There is a big fee increase coming through again and it's just too much for the typical income to support for stations. Hopefully it's won't effect too, too many.

Just because they announcing shortly...that doesn't really define exactly what date the plug could get pulled on an individual stream.

We'll see how this plays out and how serious it is...

Mark

WDHA 105.5 NJ Classic Rock......Still the Same after all these Years...

WNTI 91.9 Centenary College Public Radio...Something Old, New, Borrowed & Blue.......From BlueGrass to Zappa & Little Steven's Garage.....This is a Truly Great Station...

104.7 & 89.1

I live in the Ann Arbor area, but most of the time if I want to listen to rock I'll listen to 104.7 out of Toledo. My home stereo is always tuned to 89.1 WEMU out of Ypsilanti...Jazz, Blues, NPR, etc.

Two best FM stations in the Chicago area, by a mile:

WDCB. 90.9. Listener-supported public radio, college station at the College Of DuPage. "All Things Jazz". I just contributed this year. Streaming at: http://wdcb.org/

A challenge to all Chicago area AK'ers: Make a contribution! Say you're a member of AudioKarma.

WXRT. 93.1. An amazingly eclectic mix of classic rock, contemporary rock, and whatever they feel like playing at the moment. Streaming at: http://www.wxrt.com/

Two outstanding stations with great quality signals, both well worth crawling up in the attic and putting up a real antenna!:yes:

Up here in Seattle

95.7 KISM classic rock
96.5 JACK mix of classic rock and new rock
99.9 KISW classic rock and new rock
100.7 WOLF country

WNUA jazz - 99.5
WDCB jazz - 90.9
Oldies WLS-FM 94.7. Oldies from the 50's - early 80's. I like the Dick Biondi program. Met him in person at a Toys for Tots collection drive at a shopping mall, one of the nicest guys you ever want to meet. He has been on the radio in Chicago for decades. He usually puts on music from his personal collection from vinyl. When was the last time you heard Julie London song and a Sarah Vaughn song on a oldies station?
Classic Rock the Loop 97.9 - Been playing classic rock for over 30 years.
WFMT - 98.7 classical station.
WXRT - 93.1 great mix of classic rock and contemporary rock.
US99 - 99.5 Country station. My girlfriend got me into country.

I am a Brit but have a holiday home on Long Island. I find the US fm stations very entertaining with some good quality broadcasting and content, But as an avid radio listener I long to get back to UK just to get the BBC national programs. The content may not be better but the quality can be the best and the lack of advertising takes National broadcasting in the UK to another level!

Lucky to have WEMU public radio here in Ypsilanti Michigan, probably one of the best jazz stations in the country, and very eclectic be-bop, fusion, latin, etc jazz.

Can't believe nobody from the St. Louis area mentioned:
KSHE 94.7
Been a 'Classic Rock' station before it was called 'Classic Rock'. Can't get it all the way up here in Decatur, but I work in the STL area alot and it's a treat to tune in.

.......Well, I used to listen to it when I lived there, a soft spot still remains, WBLM, 102.9 "103" from Monument Sq, Portland ME. Classic + rock! When the atmosphere is right I can at times get it at night in RI on the Kenny, 150+ miles away!

In Boston, WGBH 89.7. Great mix of classical, jazz and news.

Also like WHRB 95.3 for their excellent jazz morning show.

In Martha's Vineyard (92.7) and Newport, RI (96.5) it's WMVY which plays exactly the right mix of newer and older rock music.

In Austin, I LOVE KUT 90.5...NPR programs during the day and all kinds of great music at night and on weekends.

They even have some interesting HD Radio feeds...one all Jazz station, and another NPR news only station...

We have quite a variety here. We can get stations from both Phoenix and Tucson. I'd say my FAVORITE is 103.1 KCDX. The station is privately owned and the guy plays what ever he wants, 24 hours a day with not a single commercial, ever! It is a mix of 60's through early 90's. Even if I don't like the song that is on it's way better than a stinkin commercial.

In Los Angeles for the #2 market in the country it is pretty slim pickins, however there are 2 stations that I listen to ALOT

KSWD 100.3 "The Sound" fairly new but great
KCRW 89.9 Santa Monica College, eclectic mix mornings, evenings & weekends.

+1 on these two. Plus someone (only one?) mentioned KPIG out of Freedom, CA. I worked up in Santa Cruz for a bit a few years back, and KPIG was always on the radio. Good stuff. What FM should be.

Rob

I do not have a favourite radio station. However, I listen to this station often:

• WSFM, FM 101.7 MHz
This station provides music from four to two decades prior. In a simple context, it services music from the sixties, seventies and eighties.

WNUA jazz - 99.5
WDCB jazz - 90.9
Oldies WLS-FM 94.7. Oldies from the 50's - early 80's. I like the Dick Biondi program. Met him in person at a Toys for Tots collection drive at a shopping mall, one of the nicest guys you ever want to meet. He has been on the radio in Chicago for decades. He usually puts on music from his personal collection from vinyl. When was the last time you heard Julie London song and a Sarah Vaughn song on a oldies station?
Classic Rock the Loop 97.9 - Been playing classic rock for over 30 years.
WFMT - 98.7 classical station.
WXRT - 93.1 great mix of classic rock and contemporary rock.
US99 - 99.5 Country station. My girlfriend got me into country.

Man, I sure miss living in the city. First caught LS in the late 1960's with Larry Lujack, Biondi, Fred Winston, etc. As for life up here in the Great White North , with 60 feet of antenna wire on the 1959 Nordmende I receive from Valdez to Barrow on AM, DX shortwave and have been catching the Jazz program from Radio Havana and since I volunteer there, the public radio station in Fairbanks, KUAC-FM 89.9 (kuac.org). For a laugh,I'll connect my Grundig Satellit 700 to the amp and listen through my system. ( Is this wrong?)

Back
Top Bottom