WNCW - Isothermal Comm College NC, for Americana and Frank (Zappa) on Fridays
KFJC - Los Altos Hills Comm College - Americana Weekdays 10-2
KOTO - Telluride Co
KKCR - Kaui
CIUT - Toronto
KPOO - SF
KPFA - Berkeley
KCSB - Santa Barbara

I've pretty much got three stations that I bother with.

89.7 - WGBH Boston, MA (NPR)
88.5 - WFCR Amherst, MA (NPR)
102.1 - WAQY Springfield, MA (Classic rock)

Unfortunately I don't receive these in my nice little basement apartment. If only I had an outdoor antenna...

KMHD 89.1 Portland...Jazz, Blues and NPR news...with some Americana thrown in on Saturday afternoon.

KWAX 91.1 Eugene...Classical

Rock 102

92.9 The Bull

Both Saskatoon radio stations.

Another station, C95 used to be a good station, I grew up listening to it, but then they changed their format and started playing nothing but new pop, which is disgusting crap. It's basically a girl/homosexual station now. And this one guy i used to work with insisted that we listened to nothing but C95. It got to the point where another guy opened up the reciever and cut the tuning string so it was stuck on rock 102 lol... but the other guy eventually found a way to open up the radio and get it back to C95. (Don't worry, it was just a Lloyd's reciever, early '80s era). That's when I invested in an MP3 player.
And the thing with C95 is that you will hear the same group of songs played over and over and over again. You will hear the same song 3 times in an 8 hour period, and the exact same group of songs every single day. i seriously have no idea why anyone can stand to listen to C95 at all, it's just a shit station.
One song I couldn't stand was 'Buy you a drink' by T-pain... every time that song came on I would go over to the speaker and connect the positive and negative together. A blown reciever later and I worked happily ever after.

WXXI Rochester NY

They are maybe ten miles away from me here in Rochester and play awesome classical which I love now and also many variety shows on the weekends. Friday and Saturday night they host "Echoes" and on Sunday night they have the hour long "Hearts of Space". Late night after midnight the all night long classical is just beautiful. Not irritating only sweet and loving sound always.

I like them so much I will be installing an antenna this spring to bring them in even harder! :thmbsp:

Up here in Seattle

95.7 KISM classic rock
96.5 JACK mix of classic rock and new rock
99.9 KISW classic rock and new rock
100.7 WOLF country

You sure it's 95.7? Last I checked, KISM was still on 92.9.

Anyway, I usually listen to KEXP 90.3 on the weekends. The rest of the time, I'm usually on the AM band, or, if I listen to FM, it's either 98.9 KWJZ or 98.1 KING. Yes, I'm getting old.

-J

Everyone has that station that you love to play while you relax/work on gear/clean/blast from your garage for street parties...

Living in Cincinnati, I would have to say mine is the newly owned 92.5 The Fox classic rock..pretty shallow playlist right now but consistently good music. I used to love Mojo 94.9 until a bunch of FM stations got new ownership a couple years ago and switched formats.

What's yours? :music:

I live in the Portland Metropolitan Area, in Oregon, and I have two stations that tie for favorite: 92.3 KGON, and 106.7 K-Hits. KGON is Classic Rock, while K-Hits is Hits of the 60's and 70's.

Really the only time I tune into 106.7, is when the morning show comes on at the other station. I don't like talk shows all that much, and prefer just to listen to music.

So those are the two main stations I listen to. I will say that if I listened to one more than the other, it would be KGON. :music:

Someone mentioned "The Current" in the Twin Cities area. Interesting station for sure.

Certainly the "BEST SOUNDING" FM station in the area is KBEM 88.5. They mostly play jazz and are best known or "dis-regarded" for being the traffic station with updates every 10 minutes during rush hours. Production values are... unpredictable but the sound of the station is top notch.

Also there is WOJB in Hayward WI, wojb.org is the site but their bit rates over the net suck. WOJB is all locally produced and has a great variety.

Sid, I'm just south of you. Try WNKU 89.7fm. IMHO they are the best station in the area......they got Mary Peale now on Saturday's! Craig Kop is the news guy.....kinda like 'EBN from back in the day!

Everyone has that station that you love to play while you relax/work on gear/clean/blast from your garage for street parties...
What's yours? :music:

I live in Cumming, a bit north of Atlanta, Ga.
WABE 90.1 NPR is a great classical music (and news) station.
There's several college stations in the usual low freq. area, but a tad hard to get.

I'm about 60 miles west of Philadelphia. WXPN 88.7 is the only radio station I can stand.

Back
Top Bottom