your favourite music documentary's

Do yourself a favour and go with a journey with Mark Knopfler and the bassist John Isley who takes him on a journey from the UK to new York with a collection of guitairs that shaped his sound over the years.

Eagle Rock Entertainment did a "Classic Albums" series some time ago which was really well done.

Knopfler doc is pure gold...thanks.

[/Quote
Another favorite: Brian Eno: 1971-1977 - The Man Who Fell to Earth.

-Dave[/QUOTE]

Just watched the Brian Eno documentary, thanks for pointing that one out!

Three on Amazon Prime right now that I really liked:

Kraftwerk And The Electronic Revolution. Although very long and maybe could have benefited from some editing.
Ken Burns' JAZZ. Ten part series.
Long Strange Trip. Six part series about the Grateful Dead.

Too many to mention, but I just watched this and really enjoyed it. Mandatory for Little Feat fans.

Not a documentary but one of the best and funniest interviews I've seen for ages. Lars and dave Grohl shoot the shit.

The Man with the Golden Ears
Stretch and Bobbito
Can't You Hear the Wind Howl ~Robert Johnson story~

A Band Called Death via Netflix. The documentary takes the viewer on the absolutely overwhelming struggle of three African-American brothers from Detroit who purportedly formed the nation's first "black" punk band while attempting to obtain a recording contract with a major label (most couldn't tolerate/market the band due to its name), the literal death of one of the members of the band, the strugge for acceptance in the genre, and the group's eventual success and rise to fame. I love the fact that the film contained a nice balance of narration from both Death and individuals in the industry (record company execs, music store owners, etc.). What makes it all the more sweeter is that after viewing the documentary in 2013, I eventually saw them live at Riot Fest 2015 in Chicago. My lawsuit against them for overexposure to high SPLs is still pending. :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom