Your FIVE Favorites?

On the Porsche, gotta be air cooled. No disrespect for the newer great cars, but I love the air cooled machines.

True for the 911, I prefer the pre 1999 ones .As for me, I need a family so my toy is a cayenne s that is fun nevertheless.

Love my 993.

- Air cooled 911s
- Omega watches (Ploprof is my fave, the original, not the new one)
- McIntosh (My MC225 is probably the fave)
- I like my tools (Hazet and Plomb)
- craft beer

Last edited:
I feel so "ordinary" and middle class when I read some of these lists. I do have a Rolex Submariner but I bought it in Zurich in 1970 for $130. I can't afford to have it serviced. A lot more expensive than Terry Dewick.

I feel so "ordinary" and middle class when I read some of these lists. I do have a Rolex Submariner but I bought it in Zurich in 1970 for $130. I can't afford to have it serviced. A lot more expensive than Terry Dewick.

Right on. But you guys have to remember that Omega was the first watch on the moon for a reason. It didn't break like the others.

Right on. But you guys have to remember that Omega was the first watch on the moon for a reason. It didn't break like the others.
I had the privilege of visiting the Rolex headquarters in Geneva for a tour in 1983. In the lobby was a display with a Rolex GMT worn by an astronaut on Apollo 12. That astronaut probably swapped his for a REALLY nice one. I wonder how many Omega's and Rolex's were on the remaining flights. Remember, an Omega was the first watch on the moon. Do you know what the other two astronauts wore? You don't hear about those.

OK, back to Mcintosh.

As I said I have the pleasure to have both . Maybe one difference is that Rolex is a higher end only brand whereas Omega does offer an entry level.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: Oh my thats beautiful!

Thanks

4-2-7,'66 &'67 fairlanes do it for me.

Me to Thanks

Ever hear about the dyslexic atheist suffering from insomnia?
He tossed and turned about every night, wondering if there was a dog.

That's how I heard it. Good 'un!

Heh heh, there's plenty of reasons to like me. :D
Thankya!

I've said it before, 427, that's some sick work, my man.

Thanks Buddy

Im as ordinary middle class as it gets.

Me to! actually poverty level since I can't hang on to money. I look at toys as hard assets , a commodity if you will.

Last edited:

I have my Dad's 58 14k Omega from when he died in 1992. My Mom saved it until she passed in 2011 it was a wedding gift from her to him. My dad wore that watch all the time doing hard work it didn't matter. I think it was cleaned a few times when I was a kid but that's it. Today after all that use and then storage for another 22 years it keeps time perfect and looks very good. I'll be dead before that watch dies.

Sorry about the thread crap:smoke:

I gut cars like this D, and then build them back up. I have kind of been laging as I'm sort of burnt out. Here is my 64 Comet AF/X build. Yep it's getting a 427, 4 speed, 9" rear. It's like stuffing a Galaxy into a compact car, and will stay true to the factory cars, so open headers and no street use. Hood, Doors, Fenders, Trunk Lid are fiberglass.

c4084a14-e1b8-4995-b196-3ab323fc18ed_zpse0e99c09.jpg

1df50698-4815-4471-8078-670bc2a40827_zpsc2d1cc66.jpg

IMG_7464_zpsc85d97dd.jpg

Very nice! I smell.......THUNDERBLOT! CAMMER! Oh yeah! It's begging for a 427 SOHC, the granddad to all modern Ford OHC motors today.

Almost forgot...

McIntosh

JBL

My 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra/9" rear and blah, blah the list goes on...

'41 Willys Gassers

Pro-Street. yeah, it's still cool!

Budweiser (hey, look where I'm from! What would you expect.)

Here's where I should say girlfriend. But she'll never read this, so no need to kiss her *** LOL !...:D

I remember the Oysters being far more affordable then and seeing them in the Grafenwohr PX, not knowing what they were or what made them special. I'm presently in a similar state with my Datejust, a Casio solar powered analogue chronograph at half the refurb price looks pretty good for something that will never need a battery change or other servicing.
Otherwise, anyone else here ever get to fool around with a Rolls-Royce?
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
4-2-7 . . . you and I need a thread in the Wheels forum devoted to our hot rods!

Ok ok but just one more, maybe two:scratch2:

69 Failane Cobra, 428 CJ, auto trans, 9" rear A 1 0f 1 car off the assembly line. I have it gutted ready for paint, NOS grill,headlight buckets, turn signals, taillight bezzels, 428 cj built and ready. This is also the original paint on the car a very pritty Gulfstream Blue.

California living:thmbsp:

MOMSLIFEPHOTOS330_zps1b9ba1a9.jpg

MOMSLIFEPHOTOS336_zps5520a686.jpg

McIntosh

JBL

My 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra/9" rear and blah, blah the list goes on...

'41 Willys Gassers

Pro-Street. yeah, it's still cool!

Budweiser (hey, look where I'm from! What would you expect.)

Here's where I should say girlfriend. But she'll never read this, so no need to kiss her *** LOL !...:D

Come on some photos please:yes:

I remember the Oysters being far more affordable then and seeing them in the Grafenwohr PX, not knowing what they were or what made them special. I'm presently in a similar state with my Datejust, a Casio solar powered analogue chronograph at half the refurb price looks pretty good for something that will never need a battery change or other servicing.
Otherwise, anyone else here ever get to fool around with a Rolls-Royce?
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

In the air or on the ground? :D

Back
Top Bottom