Your having audio issues? Maybe the troubleshooting flowchart is the solution.

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussion' started by doucanoe, Apr 11, 2007.

1. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

sorry cant help ..the picture wont load

2. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

you need to check the bias in the output devices

3. david696969

david696969 New Member

the bias was checked by a repair tech he checked all the trainsistors everything filter caps everything was ok...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  4. david696969

david696969 New Member

cerwin vega power amp A 2200

I checked the bais and it is 37.5 all are in the same range its not the bais that is making the amp get hot on the right side and i mean hot so you can cook on it but the left side is ice cold even after 7 hour of play time. The only way to keep it from burning up is to place a small 3 speed house fan on it to keep it cool can some one help me correct this every circuit was checked thoroughly and everything checked out good 2 technicians check the amp and could not find the problem they are a dumb founded on why this is happening noting checks out bad or shorted.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  5. david696969

david696969 New Member

I think the vintage cerwin vega power amps have sick power and sounds outstanding i have a cv 900 new i got it for christmas in a sealed box form cerwin vega store in california i compared both amplifiers and found the a2200 out performed the cv900 and had no distortion down and power was rich on the a2200 compared to a distorted low powered sound coming from the cv 900 when the volume is turned up. Also the cv 900 is made in china but a2200 is made in united states both are rated the same watts per channel but the cv 900 is garbage when compared to the vintage cerwin vega amps made in the USA.

6. david696969

david696969 New Member

No one has gottin back to me on the cerwin vega amp getting hot issue.

7. doucanoe

doucanoe Registered Audio Abuser

Hi David,

I started this thread quite some time ago. It's intent was to show a flowchart providing a logical approach to troubleshooting a system problem but not a amp issue like your experiencing.

Because of this and the thread title/forum, the people that may be able to help you out and provide some direction more than likely are not even reading this. You may want to start a new thread in the Solid State forum so you can ask the question directly.

You'll probably get more traction over there :thmbsp:

RC

8. doucanoe

doucanoe Registered Audio Abuser

Hi David,

I started this thread quite some time ago. It's intent was to show a flowchart providing a logical approach to troubleshooting a system problem but not a amp issue like your experiencing.

Because of this and the thread title/forum, the people that may be able to help you and provide some direction more than likely are not even reading this. You may want to start a new thread in the Solid State forum so you can ask the question directly.

You'll probably get more traction over there :thmbsp:

RC

9. david696969

david696969 New Member

Cerwin Vega A 2200 Power amp

Hey guys, I have a cerwin vega vintage power amp a2200 and it get super hot on the right side even if there is no input signal to that side the left side is cold even after 4 hours of continues play i took it to be serviced and i worked with the tech to try and locate problem we checked that amp for hours and all the parts inside checked out fine every thing plays great no distortion just clean power but you can I fry and an egg on the right side please help. I have a 3 speed fan only on the right side to keep it cool it is working for now any advice would be helpful thank you.:tears:

10. david696969

david696969 New Member

Thanks for getting back to me

Thanks.

11. Dan D.

Dan D. Active Member

After reading the last half dozen or so entries, I feel like someone spiked my coffee with acid. Will DeOxit help clear my head out?
    Pretty nifty flowchart. Almost covers a few issues I'm having here.

12. markedasred

markedasred New Member

Thanks for that!

13. spendtman

spendtman New Member

software issues can you help!

i am trying to get 1 of 2 programs to record separate tracks in a live situation ! can you help me i'm at a loss!

14. angus67

angus67 New Member

could some one re-post the original flow chart, humor aside?

15. AlTinkster92

AlTinkster92 AK Subscriber Subscriber

clean the volume pot

16. renfrow

renfrow New Member

Full size trouble shooting picture

I found a clean full size version of the trouble shooting picture. If someone would replace the original with this one, that'd be great:

Tom.

Attached Files:

17. nj pheonix

nj pheonix AK Subscriber Subscriber

I thought for sure Bacon was the answer to most (or at least some) of the problems.

18. Clinno

Clinno New Member

Thanks!

As a newbie and a novice, I am going to need plenty of this kind of thing!

I connected my turntable to 2 technics amps last night and run a set of speakers off each amp and although it worked, the speakers were buzzing?..

19. BigVoyevoda

BigVoyevoda Super Member

Thanks for the chart!

BigV

20. Rob41

Rob41 Don't stop believin'

There are a lot of questions that come up that could easily be solved with this chart. :thmbsp: