Your Last Concert (or two)

Ted Nugent
Toby Mac
AC/DC

Think it would be interesting to have age of posters. See what age group is seeing who.

49 and still rockin

Last night we went to the Queensryche - American Soldier concert. Last summer we did the Journey/Heart/CheapTrick show.

Upcoming:
Judas Priest at Red Rocks with WhiteSnake:banana:

I'm 45 and the SO is 29

There are alot of shows this summer that I would love to see. But I'd be broke by mid-summer

Allan Holdsworth at the Iron Horse - 4/29/09

Excellent show!! Pictures a bit fuzzy from my phone, but the band was in fine form. I never cease to be amazed at the sounds that come from Allan's guitar. Chad Wackerman is a stunning drummer. Not a bad seat in the house...my favorite is the corner balcony table.

Ernest Tibbs on Bass and Chad Wackerman on Drums

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Haven't been to a concert in years. I got knocked out of seeing Jackson Browne in '78 because of the flu. Bought ticket last week for his July 28 show in Cincy. Can't wait. Hope it's good.

Excellent show!! Pictures a bit fuzzy from my phone, but the band was in fine form. I never cease to be amazed at the sounds that come from Allan's guitar. Chad Wackerman is a stunning drummer. Not a bad seat in the house...my favorite is the corner balcony table.

Ernest Tibbs on Bass and Chad Wackerman on Drums

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wish I was at show!! Looks like cool venue too! Wackerman is outstanding. I watched the new John McLaughlin and the 4th Dimension DVD over the weekend awesome!! Gary Husband on Keys & a little Jungle drum kit. The whole band smoked, thanks for sharing the pictures, Bob

My Bloody Valentine a week ago from Wednesday - my ears are still kinda ringing :)

Before that I think it was Legendary Pink Dots on my 40th bday in Nov '08.

Last night we went to the Queensryche - American Soldier concert. Last summer we did the Journey/Heart/CheapTrick show.

Upcoming:
Judas Priest at Red Rocks with WhiteSnake:banana:

I'm 45 and the SO is 29

Saw Heaven & Hell, Judas Priest & Motorhead last summer, along with Boston, Styx, Night Ranger, Alan Parsons & Rick Derringer.

This coming June is REO Speedwagon, Styx & 38 Special and later on in the summer The Allman Brothers.

Im 45 and my SO is 33.

Chick Corea / John McLaughlin (Five Peace Band)

Next Week: Jimmy Herring Band (same rippin' guitarist from Aquarium Rescue Unit, Project Z, Widespread Panic, Phil Lesh and Friends, etc...)

I've GOT to see Holdsworth sometime; but, since he doesn't ever stop here... ... ...ROAD TRIP!!

1. The Allman Brothers Band (2 nights)- Excellent! :smoke:
2. The Derek Trucks Band - ditto :yes:

coming up...

Ravi Shankar
The Derek Trucks Band

(both in the front row :banana:)

Braved the Whine Flu feardemic to hear "Over The Rhine" last night. A first rate performance.

Black Crowes/Black Keys, summer 2008, StPaul, Mn
Very enjoyable outside evening show

John Prine (w/ Josh Ritter): April 17, Wilshire Theatre, Beverly Hills.
Leonard Cohen: April 10, Nokia Theater, Los Angeles.

Just saw the Dead, Allman Brothers and Doobie Brothers on May 16th, 2009 at the Gorge WA.

Based on that show it may be the LAST time I'll see the Dead.

Summer is coming up ... so many outdoor shows. Best time of year for me.

A couple of nights ago I was in Austin and saw the Melvin's at Emo's. They had the original lineup for the first set and played all of their stuff from 1983. They had the bass player from Mudhoney as he was a founding member. The second set they played Houdini in its entirety.

Before that was the Masters of Metal tour with Testament, Motorhead, Heaven and Hell and Judas Priest.

I saw Randall Bramblett followed by Delta Moon today at the Decatur Festival.

Randall and Mike Hines from his touring band played a nice acoustic set.

RandallandMike.jpg

Delta Moon had folks out of their seats. Mark Johnson and Tom Gray were in fine form.

MarkandTom.jpg

Here is a better shot of Tom and bass player Franher Joseph.

TomandFranher.jpg

Some cool concert action! My last one (with my son) - Rancid and Th' Legendary Shack Shakers at The Masquerade - late 2008

Back
Top Bottom