Your Last Concert (or two)

November 4, 2016 BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee WI.

Maren Morris
Brett Eldredge
Keith Urban - ripCORD World Tour

Winter sports season has set in and I'm working all Milwaukee Bucks and Marquette Golden Eagles home games. Every now and then they throw us a concert bone.

November 27, 2016 Turner Hall, Milwaukee WI.

Twin Limbs
(they are actually 3 members of Jim James band)
Jim James

Review - http://www.jsonline.com/story/enter...im-james-gets-political-turner-hall/94531300/

If that link does not work the one from Chicago does - http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/ct-ent-1128-jim-james-review-20161127-story.html

I thought the show was so-so, and I saw him on the Regions tour a few years ago. There was a venue change from a decent 2,000 seat theater to a 300 person dump because of slow ticket sales. Turner ballroom is the shits, warped floors, and mesh holding the plaster from falling off the ceiling. The only thing decent is the bathrooms. Oh and just seats on the side so you have to get there really early, and we did. Never again to Turner. I'm even thinking no more shows in Milwaukee because of the creepy crowds.

Last edited:
Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band, San Rafael

After missing Sir Paul I owed my Beatles freak daughter a concert so this was a no-brainer. Todd Rundgren, Gregg Rolie, Steve Lukather (from Toto), Richard Page (Mr. Mister) and others. Ringo's got a shtick alright, constantly flashing peace signs and laughing at folks in the crowd, leading sing-a-longs, but how can you not like him? For ****'s sake it's Ringo! The real surprise for me was Steve Lukather. I never could stand Toto, but Lukather is the real deal on guitar and tore it up all night. Yeah, I had to hear some Toto songs (I Bless the Rains Down in Africa? Really?), but Rolie lead three old Santana jams that really showcased Lukather, and I prefer him to some dude named Carlos. Respect, man.

Peter Frampton (acoustic - 2nd row center of his 2nd show awesome!)
Tedeschi Trucks
Gov't Mule
Blackberry Smoke
The Temperance Movement
The Traveling McCrourys
Sharon Jones (RIP) and the Dap Kings
Noah Hunt and Mato Nanji
Brit Floyd

Have tickets to Whiskey Myers next month.

Last edited:
December 29, 2016 BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee WI.

Jeff Dunham - Perfectly Unbalanced Tour

Worked this show last night. He comes out and does an opening monolog. Then he did 4 characters, Walter, Bubba Jr, Peanuts, and Achmed. Over a 2 hour gig, this guy is great! Go see him.

Yanni
Rush
Edmonton Symphony Orchestra (Vaughan Williams)
Sarah Brightman
Chris de Burgh
Edmonton Symphony Orchestra (Elgar: Enigma Variations)

Roger Hodgson - Arcada Theatre, St. Charles, IL

I've seen him @ Ravinia. Really want to see him again, one of the highlights of my 5 seasons there. Saw Supertramp 2x back in the day.

Edit - I should have driven down to this show as I hear this is a nice venue. He sold out his 3 or 4 shows in Milwaukee @ Potawatomi and the prices were crazy. Small venue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom