Your Latest Additions (LP)......

I always forget to post here but I was adding these to my discogs collection and just remembered this thread. I just picked up all these earlier at Half Price Books. Everything was 20% off today so I figured I'd see what they had even though I've been disappointed lately in their pricing. Most of the used records were still overpriced but I managed to find some worth using the discount on:

Miles Davis - Nefertiti (Columbia - CS 9594) - this one was marked $20 and would probably have been marked $40 but it had a concerning looking scratch through most of one song. I decided to give it a shot though because VG+ copies go for $30 and most if this album looks better than VG+. Plus its hard for me to pass up Miles for a decent price.

These were new:
Pharrell Williams - G I R L
R.L. Burnside - First Recordings
Bobby Rush - Upstairs At United, Vol. 11 (RSD 2014 album) - was only $5!

Used:
Jeff Beck With Terry Bozzio And Tony Hymas - Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop

Used Clearance albums:
Woody Shaw - The Best of Woody Shaw (Columbia - JC 36519)
The Philadelphia Orchestra, Eugene Ormandy - Copland - Billy The Kid Suite - Appalachian Spring (RCA Red Seal - LSC-3184)
Various - Musical Variations In Stereo (Everest Stereo - 2001) - This is some sort of demonstration album. I had no idea what it was but it was $1 and looked cool so I grabbed it.
Stanley Turrentine - What About You! (Fantasy - F-9563) - I can't pass up cheap Turrentine in decent condition.
Bruno Walter, Johannes Brahms, The Columbia Symphony Orchestra* - Bruno Walter's Brahms (Columbia, Odyssey - Y 30851) - I also have trouble passing up Bruno Walter in good condition.

Today I got 3 records :)

1) Ambrosia - One Eighty
2) Rick Nelson - MIllion Sellers (Greatest hits (MONO))
3) The golden hits of the everly brothers (MONO)

oYyvOp6.jpg

Yesterday I found Cream's "Fresh Cream", Bob Dylan's "Self Portrait" and Harry Nilsson's "Nilsson Schmillson" for $5.

Just this afternoon I found these for $1 each-

Sammy Hagar- "VOA" and "I Never Said Goodbye"
Alan Parsons Project- Greatest Hits
John Waite- No Brakes
ZZ Top- Tejas
Deep Purple- Burn
Los Lobos- How Will The Wolf Survive?
Santana- Inner Secrets
Billy Squire- Don't Say No
Steve Winwood- Roll With It
Thin Lizzy- Johnny The Fox
Van Halen- Women and Children First
The Allman Brothers Band- Brothers of the Road
Jethro Tull- Stand Up (I already have a reprint of this, nut this has the original pop up)
David Lee Roth- Skrscraper

Had a brief but fun/rewarding hunt on Friday at a soon to close flea market from a known area record buyer.
Hadn't had a good hunt in a while, seemed like I was just digging through the same 70s classic rock commons.
Anyways $16 got me:
IMG_8124.JPG IMG_8125.JPG IMG_8126.JPG IMG_8127.JPG

Ben

Last edited:
Just got the Derek & The Dominos 'Live' double LP, M- with cover in shrink (ta-da), at the GW today for $1

Got 11 today from the thrift for a buck each (web pics of a couple). This will be my first exposure to Pat Metheny who, based on some quick AK searching, is very highly regarded.

Al_Jarreau_Jarreau_cover.jpg

Oregon_(album).jpg

Pmg_-_first_circle.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom