Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Newest order from Music Matters, maybe not the last one...

024b1d-1516552983.jpg

I got a music voucher for my birthday.
Had a look in JB hifi not expecting to find something different that would take my fancy.
That's the problem when you have a lot of records.
First find that took my fancy was John Martyn and a couple of minutes later l pulled out The Small Faces.
That was my voucher spent with 2 cents left over.
At the markets Sunday morning l found a few bluegrass albums.IMG_7060.JPGIMG_7061.JPGIMG_7056.JPGIMG_7059.JPGIMG_7058.JPGIMG_7057.JPG
Arlo Guthrie, High County, Jack Tottle and Tut Taylor.
Tut Taylor is a beauty and I'll have to try and get some more of his

HELDON STAND BY

IMG_20180117_170319.jpg

Kind of excited about this!
First vinyl re-issue after 38 years.
Been hoping for this
to surface for some time.

Last edited:
I last got BILLY VAUGHN - Great Country hits

I had a crappy 1978 stereo re-issue and now I have the original 199 mono release which sounds goregous!! (And it has 3 more songs also)

Its a sin
Foggy River
Guitar Polka

I got 3 records today :)

1) Orleans - Waking and dreaming
2) Billy Vaughn Plays (Mono)
3) Eddy Arnold - Im throwing Rice (Mono)

Wow. What are we looking at here? I can't read the numbers but they look pretty nice.

Beethoven Bicentennial Collection - Collection of 17 box sets, 5 records per box:

Volume:
I & II: Symphonies and overtures.
III: Concertos.
IV: Piano sonatas.
V: Music for the stage.
VI: Choral music.
VII: String quartets, pt. 1.
VIII: Music for piano, pt. 1.
IX: Chamber music.
X: Music for violin and cello, pt. 1.
XI: String quartets, pt. 2
XII: Piano and string trios.
XIII: Music for violin and cello, pt. 2.
XIV: Music for piano, pt. 2.
XV: Lieder and dance music.
XVI: Piano quartets and wind music.
XVII: Folk songs and arias.

I bought two records today, Bottomless Pit by Death Grips and Art Angels by Grimes. I also bought a CD, Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde.

Been gone for 32 years....what was the name of the record store on Liberty Ave downtown?.....was said to have one of the largest collections in the US....

Eides has a pretty good selection. Then there is Jerry’s and my favorite The Attic. Some have gone such as Recrod Graveyard and Record Rama which I used to frequent. We finally have some nice weather here in da Burgh. All the best hope Florida is treating you well.

Brian

picked up a couple of records in the last few days
Mike Bloomfield - Between the Hard Place and the Ground, Charlie Musselwhite - Going Back Down South, Stills- Young Band -Long May You Run,( yes Steven Stills and Neil Young never kew they had a band and Bruce Cockburn - Inner City Front. It's raining here on L I, so after the Rolex 24 on to the music

Three from Saturday:
Brian Auger and The Trinity - Definitely What? - Promo
Jack Bruce - Harmony Row - Promo
Lee Morgan Volume 3 - 1984 Japanese Re-issue

New_0127.jpg

Today I got all these records :)

1) Nat king cole - Unforgettable (MONO)
2) Lawrence Welk - 1963s early hits (MONO)
3) 1950s rock and roll collection (4 record set) - Original release

What I love about this collection is THEY HAVE THE SONGS IN FULL MONO IN BOTH CHANNELS!! (The music sounds excellent (Most 50s songs are MONO anyway))

I also have this collection on 8 track (RE-ISSUE) (3 cartridges) and I can tell already the records are MUCH BETTER! (Longer songs,etc (Some songs are cut off early on the tapes (What I have heard so far on the records is awesome!)))

Last edited:
I got movie soundtrack The night the lights went out in Georgia. looks to be in great condition. Only reason I got it was because it has George Jones on it with a song I never heard before and was interesting to see Dennis Quaid and Kristy McNichol singing on it. I don't recall seeing it thou. I also like Tanya Tucker and Tammy Wynette as well. For a buck you can't go wrong anyway.

Back
Top Bottom