Your Latest Additions (LP)......

I went to the Record Store before my self-emposed vinyl embargo (trying to stabilize the finances after the holidays, so I try to avoid buying vinyl in January and February).

Tom Waits - Glitter and Doom
The White Stripes - Icky Thump
Fleet Foxes - Cracked Up
Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies.

Nice selection of stuff there. And I hear ya. I've been running on store credit (from trading in a good chunck of my collection) for a while, which has been very beneficial to the addiction, especially given the high heating bills my wife and I have been paying the past few months!

Trading in records, I've found, is a great way to check out a new direction in music. It has allowed me to really immerse myself in hip hop over the last year or so without having to crack open my wallet too significantly.

Nice selection of stuff there. And I hear ya. I've been running on store credit (from trading in a good chunck of my collection) for a while, which has been very beneficial to the addiction, especially given the high heating bills my wife and I have been paying the past few months!

Trading in records, I've found, is a great way to check out a new direction in music. It has allowed me to really immerse myself in hip hop over the last year or so without having to crack open my wallet too significantly.

I am still in the "building my collection" stage and so there are not really any that I want to trade in. I am slowly exploring hip hop as well though. Very limited collection so far (Kendrick Lama's Good Kid M.A.A.D. City, To Pimp a Butterfly, and DAMN., RZA's soundtracks for Afro Samurai and Afro Samurai Resurrection, and N.A.S.A.'s Spirit of Apollo).

Well, I passed on the two Bowie LPs. I know I'll add them eventually but I just wasn't feeling the Bowie vibe this afternoon. I also passed on MGMT... instead I went with the new U.S. Girls LP (Poem Unlimited). I'm two tracks in and it is fantastic! I highly recommend it!

US G.jpg

Also bought the third RTJ.

No Digable Planets reissue in sight, sadly enough.

Last edited:
I won a Wal-Mart gift card at work, so I bought the 180g release of Metallica's "Black Album" and Black Sabbath's "Paranoid".

I also bought the new releases of Metallica's "Ride The Lightning", The Ramone's debut album and David Bowie's "Changesonebowie".

I also found a bunch of albums at a second hand store recently-
Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention- "Burnt Weeny Sandwich" and "Chunga's Revenge"
Bob Dylan and the Band-The Basement Tapes
David Bowie- "Changestwobowie", "The Man Who Sold the World", "Aladdin Insane" and "Scary Monsters"
Led Zeppelin- In Through the Out Door
Clapton, Beck and Page- White Boy Blues
Iggy Pop-Party

Picked up a promo copy of Stranglers - Black and White on black and white speckled vinyl. Sounds great.

Also the new reissue of Ramones - Rocket to Russia. Interested to hear this one, will be spinning tonite.

Addition by subtration? Taking all these these to the local record seller.

Attachments

• 2018-02-28 21.41.31-1.jpg
    2018-02-28 21.41.31-1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 12
CREAM_DISRAELI%2BGEARS%2B-%2B2ND%2BISSUE-380265.jpg

mint- original atco pressing with hand written denotes

I got this couple weeks ago, after waiting since last November. I didn't realize at the time it was being released in February and shipping from the UK.

Joan-As-Poilce-Woman_Damned-Devotion.jpg Label_Play-It-Again-Sam2_JP.jpg

From Daptone Records...some great jams from an artist/group I just recently discovered: The James Hunter Six. Kind of a 60s soul/blues vibe happening here, and both LPs (and the digital versions) are in what they call "glorious mono."

91MqLgvzxAL._SX522_.jpg

81P-TCHT8EL._SX522_.jpg

Burton cummings . $1
One way to rock?

And
The sound of music . Julie Andrews $1

On my wish list
There is a new Jeff Beck 3 album live
I hope to get that sooner$60

Back
Top Bottom