Your Latest Additions (LP)......

I picked up Tina Turner-Private Dancer, The Fixx-Calm Animals, Starland Vocal Band-S/T, Donnie Iris-Back on the streets. All for a buck each at thrift store and look to be in great condition.

I picked up some more today, Greg Kihn Band-Kihnspiracy(sealed), Kihntinued, Glen Frey-No fun aloud, Neil Young & The Shocking Pinks ‎– Everybody's Rockin', B.O.C- Some Enchanted Evening, Joe Walsh- You Bought It - You Name It all of course from the thrift store and in great condition.

New arrival.
The $5.98 EP - Metallica
2018 reissue.
1A/1B, CB x 2.
289SzQJ.jpg

Neil Diamond ... Tap Root Manuscript. Speaker designer Andrew Jones once said that this was one of the albums that
got him interested in Audiophile recordings in his younger years.

Never could find a clean copy in my numerous record hunting trips over the years ... finally bought a nice copy off eBay.
Really enjoyed it yesterday. :trebon: Wonderful sounding 1970 legacy vinyl.

A couple I picked up while on vacation in Prague during the first 10 days of April. About 99 CZK or 5 USD from Gramodesky near Laetna Park.
In great shape too. Near mint.

prague-189 (Medium).jpg

I can post pictures later, but I received the Baby Driver Vol. 2 Soundtrack on Thursday (it came a day early thanks to Amazon two day shipping often being one day shipping for me due to location). It is good and includes a lot of the mixes of songs used in the movie (so how they incorporated the movie sounds into the songs, most often gunshots during the gun fights, but sirens too).

Then yesterday, my dad has been looking for two albums and he suggested I go to the record store on his behalf and look. He also offered to reimburse me for an album I could get for myself, so I figured why not. I walked away with:

"Folk Songs" by the Kronos Quartet, featuring Sam Amidon, Natalie Merchant, Rhiannon Giddens, and Olivia Chaney. I recognized three of the four singers and thought it might be fun. It is a pleasant album.

"Bad as Me" by Tom Waits - I just wanted this album on vinyl as I like most of what Tom Waits does.

"Soundtrack to Night On Earth" by Tom Waits - I plan on finally watching this movie this week and so I am holding off on listening until I do so. Jim Jarmusch film about five taxi drivers in five cities around the world.

"Who Killed Amanda Palmer" by Amanda Palmer. It was pricey, but I was surprised to find it in the local shop so I picked it up. I enjoy the album and having it on vinyl is something I have wanted for awhile now.

I just picked up Quarterflash's second album Take Another Picture. Just got there first album a month ago and listened to it yesterday and liked it a lot and went to thrift store and got luck to get this one for a buck in great condition, I will clean it and listen to it in a couple of days.

I went a little overboard (for me) Saturday.

Bill Murray, Jan Vogler, and Friends - New Worlds
Fleet Foxes - (a 7" single for Record Store Day)
The Bad Plus - Never Stop
Mount Eerie - Now Only
Paul de Jong - You ****en Sucker
Sam Amidon - The Following Mountain
The Head and the Heart - The Head and the Heart

I have listened to the first three so far. Bill Murray delivers great readings over some wonderful music. Dry for the most part, but with good life on others. Fleet Foxes is just a single, but features a choral version of Crack Up recorded in Reykjavik and "In the Morning" recorded live in Switzerland. The Bad Plus continue to be an interesting jazz trio, though I admit I mostly had that one on as background music.

While I have listened to the Head and the Heart's eponymous debut album, I have not listened to it on vinyl yet, but I suspect it will be good. I also have high hopes for Mount Eerie's Now Only, as it is a sequel to "A Crow Looked at Me" which is one of my favorite recent albums. While "You ****en Sucker" seems to be rated lower than Paul de Jong's debut album "IF", I like his stuff both as an individual and has half of The Books, so I am willing to give this album the benefit of the doubt. Finally, I have enjoyed all of the Sam Amidon I have heard so far, and am eternally grateful to the woman I met in at the Iceland Airwaves Music Festival in 2016 to brought me to his concert in that overly packed little bar.

Back
Top Bottom