Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Discussion in 'Music Forums' started by daza152, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Moman5150

Moman5150 Member

I just picked up Quarterflash's second album Take Another Picture. Just got there first album a month ago and listened to it yesterday and liked it a lot and went to thrift store and got luck to get this one for a buck in great condition, I will clean it and listen to it in a couple of days.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Dude111

Dude111 Analogue is Awesome

I last got 2 records :)

1) Chicago VIII
    2) Steppenwolf - Monster

3. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

Stray Cats

The Toronto Strut

2 LP Set, violet-transparent vinyl

006.JPG

4. judsonw

judsonw Well-Known Member

I went a little overboard (for me) Saturday.

Bill Murray, Jan Vogler, and Friends - New Worlds
    Fleet Foxes - (a 7" single for Record Store Day)
    The Bad Plus - Never Stop
    Mount Eerie - Now Only
    Paul de Jong - You Fucken Sucker
    Sam Amidon - The Following Mountain
    The Head and the Heart - The Head and the Heart

I have listened to the first three so far. Bill Murray delivers great readings over some wonderful music. Dry for the most part, but with good life on others. Fleet Foxes is just a single, but features a choral version of Crack Up recorded in Reykjavik and "In the Morning" recorded live in Switzerland. The Bad Plus continue to be an interesting jazz trio, though I admit I mostly had that one on as background music.

While I have listened to the Head and the Heart's eponymous debut album, I have not listened to it on vinyl yet, but I suspect it will be good. I also have high hopes for Mount Eerie's Now Only, as it is a sequel to "A Crow Looked at Me" which is one of my favorite recent albums. While "You Fucken Sucker" seems to be rated lower than Paul de Jong's debut album "IF", I like his stuff both as an individual and has half of The Books, so I am willing to give this album the benefit of the doubt. Finally, I have enjoyed all of the Sam Amidon I have heard so far, and am eternally grateful to the woman I met in at the Iceland Airwaves Music Festival in 2016 to brought me to his concert in that overly packed little bar.

5. meggy

meggy AK Subscriber Subscriber

6. meggy

7. meggy

8. skraggs

skraggs Active Member

Went to get my RSD stuff at the store and then the Fedex man came with my latest Acoustic Sounds order:

[​IMG]

I don't know where to start...

judsonw likes this.
  9. echron

echron Active Member

• IMG_0777.JPG IMG_0778.JPG My two newest

meggy and Worried Man like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

10. Worried Man

Worried Man Super Member

I just picked up Purple Rain myself! And what luck finding it, too. I went to the store specifically to purchase this LP, but there was not a copy to be had in the Prince bin. This store ALWAYS has a fresh new reissue in stock. I wandered around the store for about an hour, hoping to see something else that would catch my fancy. I was almost heading out the door and as an afterthought, decided to thumb through the electronica section. Lo and behold, there it was under Aphex Twin, of all places, and upside down. Makes me suspect another customer had hidden it.

11. echron

echron Active Member

Found this one in new section at small shop in Fayetteville ar cool shop very nice guy and rocking some klipsh speakers to enjoy while there

Worried Man likes this.
  12. judsonw

judsonw Well-Known Member

That does sound like it was hidden and I suspect they would be sad if it went missing.

Makes me think of my record store, which I have found does not always have the best record of calling you when something your ordered comes in. I had preordered Torres' "Sprinter", did not get a call when it when it came in on the release date, so I came in and found exactly one copy of it (note: when you order or preorder, they do not make you pay up front). The point being, I was looking through one day and found exactly one copy of "Destrier" by Agent Fresco, an Icelandic group. I had been planning to get it when I went back to Iceland but since it was here, why not. However, I cannot help but think that someone else had ordered it through them, and then they had not called the person, and I took the copy that they wanted.

echron likes this.