Whitesnake- Ready an' Willing
Humble Pie-Performance Rockin' The Fillmore
Judas Priest- The Best of
AC/DC- Who Made Who?
Journey- "Infinity", "Evolution" and "Departure"
Edgar Winter's White Trash- Roadwork
Lou Reed- Rock N Roll Animal
Black Sabbath- "Self Titled", "Vol. 4" and "Sabotage"

I already have a few of these, but the new ones are upgrades.

I had meat loaf 'BAT OUT OF HELL' 2 times and both copies 1 side was quite low audio. Is yours like that also buddy??

R-5060142-1383917014-2324.jpeg.jpg

Went to the record store last night after having a much needed drink of mead. Might have overindulged in the vinyl a bit:
Mothers of Invention - We're Only in it for the Money
Damien Rice - O
Bombino - Deran
Holy F*ck - Congrats

IMG_20180706_195459.jpg

Only have had a chance to listen to the last one. I have heard O before, but it is just now released to vinyl. The other two I will probably listen to later today.

a few new ones.

Nice first press green labeled copy of UFO's Force It. That's two members from Throbbing Gristle going at it in the bath on the cover. US pressing kind of has them semi transparent.

The other two. One sounds like a forgotten album from the sixties, and one IS a forgotten gem from the sixties.
Plan 9 Dealing With The Dead is the former, (with black light cover and bizarre Zap Comix-like mini comic book enclosed)
HIgh TIde Sea Shanties is the latter. (My copy is a repress)

IMG_3145.jpg

Today I got Chicago III :)

Now I have all Chicagos 70s albums (Except Greatest hits (And HOT STREETS which I didnt care for))

I got 2 records today :)

1) Chicago - Chicago 7 (2 records) (Didnt have this one -- OOPS!!)
2) Helen Reddys Greatest hits (MONO)

Due to other matters I haven't been able to hit the thrifts much over the last couple of months and when I did it was pretty bleak pickings. However, last Saturday and Sunday I found all of these (and the next post) at 4 different thrifts. It made up for the bad times.rec1.jpeg rec2.jpeg rec3.jpeg rec4.jpeg rec5.jpeg rec6.jpeg rec7.jpeg rec8.jpeg rec9.jpeg

War/ Greatest Hits
Bo Diddleys Greatest Hits vol.1 Spanish pressing
Bruce Springsteen Live 5 LP box set
Van Morrison Tupelo Honey
Roy Buchannan My Babe
Roy Buchannan S/T
Tom Petty Live Anthology box set

IMG_3472.jpg

Solo Flight - The Genius Of Charlie Christian 2xlp compilation:
"Charlie Christian, with his hornlike, single-note style, which capitalized on innovations in amplification technology, revolutionized, redefined and elevated the guitar as a lead instrument on par with the saxophone and trumpet in jazz and popular music."

Julie London-Julie Is Her Name Who needs incredible vocal range when you can bring wood with whispery phrasing?

David Hollond Quartet-Conference of the Birds
1973. "It is jazz bassist Holland's second collaboration with composer and saxophonist Anthony Braxton. The liner notes describe how birds would congregate each morning outside Holland's London apartment and join with one another in song.

Each piece on the album is "open form," with a theme stated at the beginning to set key, tempo, and mood. The players are then free to improvise in whatever direction they choose. Stuart Nicholson writes: "Conference of the Birds emerged as a definitive statement of swinging free expression. It was, in essence, a return to the rugged discipline of early 1960s free improvising by working off melodic foundations using the 'time, no changes' principle to achieve greater control over that elusive quarry, freedom."

Anthony Braxton-Montreaux/Berlin Concerts Double lp from the man who names songs with diagrams and equations.

Anthony Braxton-Forces in Motion (book) Insights into Sun Ra and Mr Braxton's world. I'm only a third of the way through it..

The Shining- Original Soundtrack. Great collection of avante garde "scary" music pieces. Bought it for $6 in 2012. Seems to be going for much more now..
On Wiki: "The soundtrack album on LP was withdrawn due to problems with licensing of the music. It remains only available on vinyl (there has never been a CD release) and is difficult to find."

Electric Light Orchestra - A New World Record (180g Vinyl LP)

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin I (180G Vinyl LP)

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (180G Vinyl LP)

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Damn the Torpedoes (180g Vinyl LP)

The Traveling Wilburys - The Traveling Wilburys Vol. 1 (Vinyl LP)

The Traveling Wilburys - The Traveling Wilburys Vol. 3 (Vinyl LP)

fullsizeoutput_b6a.jpeg
Japanse pressing. Love that spindle.

fullsizeoutput_b6d.jpeg
Jimi in his apartment. Delightful.
From Karmices. Absolutely top notch as always, K.

fullsizeoutput_b70.jpeg
$5. Box set. All the hits to play on the living room console.

fullsizeoutput_b75.jpeg
Still looking for NM original pressing. This gets me by until then. Had to find out if the DSD pressing lived up to it's hype.

fullsizeoutput_b78.jpeg
Sealed.

fullsizeoutput_b7c.jpeg

And SEALED!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom