Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Random stop at a thrift while going to the drug store. $1.25 each. All in pretty nice condition despite some of the really rough covers like Hendrix. They were bringing these out when I arrived. They also had a pile behind the checkout that they were sorting but I was on a tight schedule. Not sure why they go through them they don't put them out in any type of order.

20180824_001239.jpg 20180824_001333.jpg 20180824_001417.jpg 20180824_001531.jpg

Attachments

• 20180824_001116.jpg
    20180824_001116.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 5

Random stop at a thrift while going to the drug store. $1.25 each. All in pretty nice condition despite some of the really rough covers like Hendrix.

Nice! You mean to tell me there are still thrift stores that have this kind of stuff? And for that kind of price? Where the heck do you live o killer of foxes?

Random stop at a thrift while going to the drug store. $1.25 each. All in pretty nice condition despite some of the really rough covers like Hendrix. They were bringing these out when I arrived. They also had a pile behind the checkout that they were sorting but I was on a tight schedule. Not sure why they go through them they don't put them out in any type of order.

Zephyr! I've never ran across any of their albums in the wild...

Nice! You mean to tell me there are still thrift stores that have this kind of stuff? And for that kind of price? Where the heck do you live o killer of foxes?

Only if you walk in while they are putting them out. They are usually gone with the first person to peruse them. Takes some lucky timing. I don't stop often anymore even when I am passing by. Hadn't been there in months.

Back at it again on this fine Saturday..
IMG_3693%202.jpg

new.

Steve Reich-Four Organs.Phase Patterns
reissue of his 1971 album.
Steve Reich-Drumming........for eight small tuned drums, three marimbas, three glockenspiels, male and female voices, whistling and piccolo

used.

Ecstatic Yod Presents Another Deep Putt Through The Ass-Center Of Known Sound-As-Thought' .
Montague, MA 1996
Side one: Hot Clam Combo do their processed avante garde free jazz improvisation behind a recording of Buddy Rich ranting and swearing at his backing band on his tour bus.
Side two: Ecstatic Frank Ensemble: avante garde freakout behind a layered loop repeating the title from Coltrane's "A Love Supreme".

Darkside-Psychic-2013 electronic downtempo double lp. Wow, great stuff! bonus that the previous (first?) owner had not redeemed the 320mb mp4 download coupon.

Last edited:

View attachment 1264514 View attachment 1264515 View attachment 1264516 View attachment 1264517

Completely Well is my favorite BB King, enjoy.

Was out at the rekkid store Friday. Picked up a German pressing of Neil Young's Time Fades Away, old non-Winchester Reprise copy of NY's Comes A Time that's horribly groove damaged and will need replaced, and a clean copy of American Stars n Bars. Been on a major NY binge lately.
But the sleeper was an old unsold RSD reissue of Shocking Blue's At Home. Repopped on clear blue vinyl by Music on Vinyl. Sounds great, excellent pressing and Shocking Blue was a really interesting band.

I posted my thrift store haul a few weeks back after several months of very slim pickings. I wasn't able to go out again until last weekend. But I got a nice haul again, almost all demos. It was like a radio station or DJ collection had come into a central location and then had been parsed out to various ARC stores, as I got a bunch of demos starting with S, B, and C at one ARC store, and then H, G, T and P at another. I also got The Tremeloes, Even the Bad Times are Good/Silence is Golden at an antique mall and my copy of Willie Nile's Children of Paradise arrived in the mail. No pics, as my phone when bonkers when I went on vacation.

Pete Carr- Not a Word on It
Ian Tamblyn
Ten Wheel Drive- Brief Replies
Sweetwater- Just for You
The Outsiders- In
Paul Revere and the Raiders- In the Beginning
Steel River- A Better Road and Weighin' Heavy
Dirk Hamilton- You Can Sing on the Left or Bark on the Right
James Brown Sings Raw Soul
Jackson 5 Greatest Hits picture disc
Prelude- The Owlcreek Incident
Albert Hammond- The Free Electric Band
Arthur Gee
Tony Hazzard- Loudwater House
Gallery
Grassroots- Let's Live for Today
Giants- Thanks for the Music
Glider
Henry Gross
Green- To Help Someone
Jack Traylor and Steelwind- Child of Nature
The Crusaders- Scratch
Jim Capaldi- Daughter of the Night
Hedge and Donna- All the Friendly Colours
Max Roach + 4- Newport (I dropped this on the way upstairs and one of my Great Danes proudly brought it to me; unfortunately he tore up the upper left corner of an otherwise pristine cover. Oh well.
Gene Ammons Makes it Happen
Lee Ritenour- Earth Run
Nevada Jukebox- 60,000,000 Buffalos
Ramsey Lewis Trio- Stretching Out
The Crazy World of Arthur Brown and Dance With Arthur Brown
Wayne Berry- Home at Last
Bonnie Bramlett- Memories
Elvis- Double trouble, Harum Scarum, Girls, Girls, Girls, and Spinout
Welcome to Hamilton Camp
Sunrise
Crimson Tide self-titled and Reckless Love
Boone's Farm
Blackstone
Burton & Cunico- Strive, Seek, Find
Tim Buckley- Lorca
Stories
Edward Bear- Close Your Eyes
Delaney Bramlett- Mobius Strip
Bodine
Deodato- Very Together
The Rascals- Peaceful World
Boyer and Talton- Cowboy
Boxer- Below the Belt
Bobbidazzler
Runner
Spirit- Feedback
Julie Budd- Child of Plenty
Southern Comfort
The Bells- Fly Little White Dove, Fly

Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes- Live
Balcones Fault- It's All Balcones Fault
Curt Boetcher- There's an Innocent Face

I had a pretty good score today . These all came from a guy who said they were his mom's. The thing is, looking at the age of the guy she would have been in her forties when these came out. It's a very eclectic mix of psych and rock dating from the mid- 60's to the late 70's. He's supposed to bring me more next week. These are a bit moldy and the covers have some wear but the records themselves range from VG+ to near mint. I have a lot of cleaning to do.

Here's what I picked up

Sweet Thursday S/T
Neil Merryweather, John Richardson and Boer S/T
Neil Merryweather - Kryptonite
Strawbs - Strawbs by Choice
Steve Hillage - Fish Rising - First Pressing
Eire Apparent - Sunrise - Jimi Hendrix produced and guested
Venus and the Razorblades - Songs from the Sunshine Jungle
American Tears - Powerhouse - Promo
Scorpions - Lonesome Crow - Their first album with a young Micheal Schenker on guitar, Canadian Import
John Cale - Guts
Mahogany Rush - Strange Universe
Atomic Rooster - Death Walks Behind You
The Siegal-Schwall Band S/T
Renaissance - Illusion
Status Quo - Pile Driver - Promo
Dave Brubeck - Right Now
Central Nervous System - I Could Have Danced All Night

New9_1.jpg

IMG_20180901_172601141.jpg

Sun Ra-The Cymbals/Symbols Sessions 1973 New York
The Sensational Alex Harvey Band-Tomorrow Belongs to Me
The Cure-Torn Down Mixed Up
Soft Machine-Third
Guitar Boogie-Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck
and a couple circa 1970 experimental Electronic Music lps

Last edited:
My Thursday finds-

Simon and Garfunkel- Wednesday Morning, 3AM
Van Morrison- Tupelo Honey
Joni Mitchell- Hejira

The week before that I found-
Jethro Tull- Aqualung (a nice copy to replace my old one)
Buddy Miles- Them Changes
Deep Purple- Book of Taliesyn
Cream- Disraeli Gears (another upgrade)
Metallica- Kill 'Em All
R.E.M.- Green
Bob Marley and the Wailers- "Rebel Music" and "Rastaman Vibration"
Pink Floyd- "A Momentary Lapse of Reason", "Soundtrack From the Motion Picture More" and "Delicate Sound of Thunder"

Delicate Sound of Thunder was in a plastic sleeve with a ticket stub from Pink Floyd's April 25, 1988 show at the Phoenix Municipal Stadium taped to the cover. The tape was old enough to remove the stub without tearing the cover.:banana:

Back
Top Bottom