Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Just bought the LP (M-) 'Guitar Sounds from Lennny Breau' at the GW for $1. Chet Atkins produced it. Who knows - who cares. lol. I have no idea who the guy is... the jacket says he's from Canada. It may be OK, I mean, M- for a buck,1969. He plays other musicians songs so...

It was the only LP in 2 different Goodwills that is only 'ok' out of est.400 albums that I looked through. Pickings are really getting slim now-a-days. It's been bad for awhile now, 6 months+. It may be over now. Maybe Garage Sales are the only thing left for the $1 M- LPs.

But I'll still look. lol. It's a compulsion I guess. Anyway, I got a really nice, Tommy Hilfiger, like new, thin, dark blue cotton long sleeve sweater for $4.25! It's really nice!! & got a 'Captain Morgan' beer glass for 99 cents too. Having a 'Coors Light' out of it right now - it works!! :)

Rock on! :beerchug:

:banana:

Last edited:
Went to a record store with my dad while we are on vacation. Found more than I bargained for.
Nina Simone - Black Gold
Nina Simone - Live At Newport
Nina Simone - Live in Laris
Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain
IMG_20181016_210744.jpg

I also found two 78s that made me happy.
Billie Holiday - I'll Be Seeing You/I'll Get By
Memphis Minnie and Son Joe - True Love/Please Set a Date
IMG_20181016_210834.jpg
IMG_20181016_210920.jpg

A Canadian offering..."Live at the El Mocambo" (1977) - April Wine.

My daughter searched out and obtained this LP for me for my birthday last month, and I found it a delight to listen to. Every track was a thumbs up!:thumbsup:

What makes this recording so special is based on the story behind that night and place (El Mocambo) wherein they played in Toronto, headlining a group known as "The Cockroaches". This unknown band meant little to anyone at the time, but later that night it was to be "The Stones" who delivered a great unexpected night of super music.

It's a really small venue, but millions have been poured into this club as of late by a well known game designer. And, ever so often "The Cockroaches" will turn up to play this tiny joint in Canada without notice to the enjoyment of those lucky enough to be there that night.

This LP was well produced with little or no obtrusive background noise, and April Wine did due justice to that night in their part at the El Mocambo.

Q

I had a pretty good week between the auction site and my usual local sources. First two pics are fleabay pick-ups and the last pic is from this mornings shopping.

45s.jpg

Blue Note.jpg

New1020.jpg

IMG_8251.JPG IMG_8253.JPG IMG_8254.JPG
IMG_8256.JPG

Driving home yesterday l spotted some records sitting on an old cabinet on the side of the road.
All in lovely condition in sleeves
I grabbed the records and the cabinet which I've already stained and waxed and the wife has it set in the house already.
The first two photos( the Bowie is blue vinyl)

The last photo I've picked up in my travels over the last couple of weeks

Saturdays Finds
First - A local record show

Secret.jpg

Django Reinhardt - Memorial album 1 & 3, The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society (spankin' clean 1st US Pressing), High Tide - Sea Shanties Promo, Blue Condition - Beyond the Sun, and a first pressing Pink Floyd - Meddle

Secondly - Some Flea Market pick-ups

New_1027.jpg

Bethlehem Asylum S/T, The Critters S/T, Thelonious Monk - Misterioso, Mount Rushmore - '69, and a sealed copy of The Merchants of Dreams - Strange Night Voyage

Today I got a record in the mail I ordered!!

Its a 16rpm record!! (2 sides)

A radio show "Modern Italian Opera Music of the 20th century" (Its a show recorded on a record and sent to a radio station for airplay)

Sounds goregous!!!

Im glad I have a microgroove needle or it may not play this record well!!

fullsizeoutput_bc4.jpeg
OP with Song name and artist on same line. Kind of a crappy label but plays VG++ after cleaning. Still hunting a NM copy.

Last week
Fred McDowell Vol. 2 on Arhoolie Records
Mythic Sunship Another Shape Of Psychedelic Music one of 500 on vinyl
The Psychic Ills One Track Mind
Brian Jonestown Massacre Strung out In Heaven

Been working a lot of overtime and felt the need to treat myself.

Last week
Fred McDowell Vol. 2 on Arhoolie Records
Mythic Sunship Another Shape Of Psychedelic Music one of 500 on vinyl
The Psychic Ills One Track Mind
Brian Jonestown Massacre Strung out In Heaven

Been working a lot of overtime and felt the need to treat myself.

BJM! Love those guys. I only have a few albums by them, but I like every one. Probably need to check out more.

Wow.

View attachment 1313643 View attachment 1313644 View attachment 1313645
View attachment 1313646

Driving home yesterday l spotted some records sitting on an old cabinet on the side of the road.
All in lovely condition in sleeves
I grabbed the records and the cabinet which I've already stained and waxed and the wife has it set in the house already.
The first two photos( the Bowie is blue vinyl)

The last photo I've picked up in my travels over the last couple of weeks

The Beatles 50th Anniversary "White Album" Boxed set.
Pete Townshend, "Who Came First"
J. Geils, "Freeze Frame"
ELP, "Trilogy"
David Crosby, "If I Could Only Remember My Name"

Mine numbing good. This is a "true" audiophile recording. My copy, (4LP Boxed Set) is dead quiet from start to finish, (all 4 sides). It's very 3 dimensional sounding. At times, you feel you are in the studio with them.
Howizzit?

Back
Top Bottom