- Barry White - Stone Gon'
- Jim Ed Brown - Country's Best On Record
- Frankie Carle - Honolulu Honky Tonk
- Hall & Oates - Rock 'N Soul Part I

I picked up copies of the following in the thrift store on Tuesday

Soundtrack: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Soundtrack: Beverly Hills Cop

All for $2. I cant wait to listen to them :D

Just discovered another record shop here in Spokane. Yesterday, my son and I went to dinner @ "5 Mile Pizza", while he played video games and air hockey, I read the local paper called "Out There". Found an ad...

Seems we have a used record shop, called Cheap Ass Records "all records priced 10 cents to 3$" :D.

After I take my son to school, I'll be paying them a visit :smoke:.

Rick Nelson...Garden Party :)

GW score for a buck/99 and in primo shape.

rick%20nelson-garden%20party1.jpg

Nothing like the haul I posted about before, but today I picked up just ONE more LP:
Julie London, Latin in a Satin Mood.

The jacket had a bit of what looked like water staining, but the LP is in excellent shape. If it is only half as good as the other stuff of hers that I have so far, I'll enjoy this!

My favorite "bird dogger" gave me the alert that he'll soon have another haul of LPs for me, apparently including a lot of Japanese obi releases (mostly classic rock) and some jazz titles. Looking forward to that!

First haul from "Cheap Ass Records":

Andy Narell - Light In Your Eyes
Robert Cray - Strong Persuader
Bob James - Sign Of The Times
Philip Bailey - Chinese Wall
Chic - C'est
Weather Report - Heavy Weather

Total cost: $7.09

The Weather Report has a healthy looking scratch on side 1, might become a frisbee.

Had a meeting uptown, and a few minutes to spare...so I stopped at the ONLY thrift in town. I could play Christmas music for the next 50 years based on the amount they had, but did spend 75 cents on Beethoven's Fifth, Berlin Philharmonic w/Herr vonKarajan conducting on DG. Looks to be in excellent condition.

Latest addition just won 20 minutes ago a Very Good condition original Astral Weeks, picked it up fairly cheap for $12 NZ had an auto-bid up to $21.80, so just really happy to get it for what I did.:banana:

I've heard that its a great album so can't wait.........

Daza.

Drove to a record show in Orlando today and picked up, among other stuff, a wonderful copy of It's a Beautiful Day, Supertramp's first LP, and the first from The Allman Brothers Band. But my favorite is the "gold" vinyl Grand Funk "We're an American Band"!

Just picked up Miles Davis Miles Davis In Europe at the ACS thrift, the only decent LP amidst a bunch of easy listening junk. A bit scruffy, but I'm hoping it will play OK once I get it cleaned.

A few eclectic bits ....

Mick Jagger She’s the Boss
Elvis Elvis in Concert (2 record set)
Nat King Cole A Tribute to Nat King Cole (2 record set)
Nat King Cole I Don’t Want to be Hurt Anymore
Soundtrack Oklahoma! HiFi)
Glen Campbell Greatest Hits

[OP comment ....Ya, I know i got a bit carried away taking a Glen Campbell, but ....nah, no excuse!]

And for the next Christmas season.....
Luciano Pavarotti O Holy Night
Elvis Christmas Album

Last edited:
Before hoppin' up on the plane yesterday night in Mo Bay...from the record shop in the terminal:

The Wailers - Burnin'
Bob Marley & The Wailers - Kaya

Inez Andrews

I just got a copy of Inez Andrews' I Made A Step" om Savoy My picks from the album, "I Made A Step In The Right Direction" and "Dry Bones" will roll your pubic hair into dredlock.

Picked up an original pressing Stills/Young Band in VG shape for 3.99 at CD Trader in Tarzana.:banana:

Just got a nice copy of Trout Mask Replica off EbAy, it replaces a trout mask that swam off years ago, I also bought a bunch of blues 45's, including a vg+ copy of Hide Away by Freddie King, at the Thrift. My Half Price Books trek yielded an album called Christmas in Zitherland. I also bought some bargain CDs on EbAy. (It really is a buyers market but let's keep it to ourselves.)

Last edited:
Just got a MoFi "Waiting For Columbus" off eBay at a very reasonable price. Sounds great!

Back
Top Bottom