Your listening chair / couch / surface / seat / recliner / bean bag / whatevuh!

Nice setup...

IKEA Poang frame in medium brown with ebony leather. I have the matching footstool as well.
20091004015o.jpg

I love this setup...maybe I am biased because I also own SDA's. Still, very nice!

Got this a couple years back off CraigsList for $50. Hey, I'm worth it! <G>

stereo-chair.jpg

They go for about $250 new. Don't imagine it'll ever be a "classic", but it is an extremely comfortable rocker with swivel and recline. Easy to dial in the sweet spot of the day.

The seat with the best position vis a vis the speakers in my house is an old Lazeeboy I got from my folks. In color it is somewhere between a forest and an olive green, and is one of the ugliest pieces of non-trashed furniture I have ever laid eyes on. Really, it's too ugly to photograph. But man is it comfortable!:thmbsp::music:

The old La-z-boy reclin-a-rockers are the best! They were built to take it, and had a lifetime guarantee on the mechanism. I also have one that I got from my parents- it is from about 1977 or so and has a modern look to it. I am getting ready to have it recovered in either a cloth or a premium black leather. It is really one of the most comfortable chairs I have ever used- even after hours with my LAZY ass planted in it, lol :D
Its going in my upstairs listening room where I do all of the experimenting with new old equipment....:music:

I just mention this because much of the furniture sold now isnt worth recovering or anything- the old Lazy Boys ARE.... and can usually be found very cheap or even free!

The seat with the best position vis a vis the speakers in my house is an old Lazeeboy I got from my folks. In color it is somewhere between a forest and an olive green, and is one of the ugliest pieces of non-trashed furniture I have ever laid eyes on. Really, it's too ugly to photograph. But man is it comfortable!:thmbsp::music:

doesn't anyone just lie down on a couch with headphones?:worried:

No headphones but I do like to nap on the couch with some music :thmbsp:

web.jpg

web.jpg

I can always tell when he's watching me sleep on the couch, he blocks out the woofers :sigh:

web.jpg

Great looking setup and pup!

I do keep a pair of ATH M50 headphones next to the couch for listening to music, but I mainly listen to speakers when I am in that area.

To add meaning to your garden or patio, you will need some beautiful items including garden or outdoor furniture. If you want garden or outdoor living room beautiful, you need to place outdoor sofa.

Choosing the right type of outdoor furniture and accessories could beautify your garden and intensify the already elegant design of any outdoor decoration.

A wicker outdoor sofa set is one of the most comfortable sofa sets that are not only cheap, but also very elegant. Most wicker sofa sets would last for a very long time, but you need to take good care and maintain it well. Cleaning and washing of the wicker patio furniture is a must and it needs to be done at regular intervals of time. As the wicker outdoor furniture is in the outdoors, you can expect dust and stains on it at the end of a day.

For all reason, make sure you find outdoor sofa for all weather. This sofa you can find it at outdoor sofa

Was looking for a small love seat to go in the listening room. Something simple, cool and cheap. Found this for $275. Chicklet sofa designed by Ray Wilkes for Herman Miller.

picture.php

In the studio, I use an airlift barstool from Big Lots:

airliftbarstool_zpsd1c93b76.jpg

In the home office, when I'm not standing, I use a Balans Variable:

file-3.jpg

Cheers,

Otto

I LIKE it ... !!

Some real classic line there, and it looks like it'd discourage slouching. That's a bit of a problem for me ...

Got me one of these a while back ... nice chair for a couple hunnerd bux.

L13872988.jpg

I added some additional padding to set the headrest a bit forward for my crunchy neck bones and stuck an AirHawk pad under the seat cushion. Last mod just today ... I screwed it down to the floor as it had a tendency to go walkabout, wandering around the room during the real toe tappers. Not a good thing with holographic imaging as that's got a very narrow sweet spot. What with the swivel and recline, I got plenty of adjusting available to fine tune things.

I also had to ditch the footrest as that interfered with the imaging. Ah, the crosses we bear ...

What looked to be the very best music chair ever was a semi truck air seat that had been mounted to a heavy duty swivel base. Had heat, pneumatic adjustments, vibra massage ... the works. Saw it on CL and still kicking myself for letting it slip by ... Saw another one recently that started out as a bucket from a Honda Accord. The narrow top and headrest looked to be perfect for the listening room. Something I'm gonna have to think about in the spring is do a look see around the local junk yards and see what pops out.

Last edited:
Best chairs (gliders), made in America. Very comfortable, swivel and "glide", while rocking to the wife and my favorites...
(Best Chair Company), I think they are in Ohio.

picture.php

Wayner

sKiZo,

Didn't know my 15-clam garage-sale round-base swivel-recline-rocker w/ottoman was a known entity. :scratch2:

But mine's puke beige with worn armrests. With taller towers the ottoman doesn't seem to hurt the imaging at all. And cats take the first-reflection points on the floor. Sometimes. :yes:

I screwed it down to the floor as it had a tendency to go walkabout, ...

Only reason mine ever moves is she doesn't like where I put it...marked the optimal listening spot so it's easy to move back in it's exact place.

(See Big Bang Theory episode where Sheldon honks in a movie theater to identify this spot).

Remote stands are fancy sand-filled speaker stands topped with clipboards.

Last edited:
...semi truck air seat...

Yes some car seats are cool.

The very best seats I've ever tried were on an S600.

Active heated/cooled ventilated perf-leather, with miniature fans to move air; powered and memory everything including headrest tilt.

But even more fun and amazing, these had Active side bolsters. The effect was like somebody or some thing grabbing your rear to keep you in place when the car cornered.

Mercedes' website says they "...can be set to automatically increase lateral support in cornering maneuvers, or even in the event of a potential accident." (emphasis added)

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom