Your McIntosh gear - music or dvd's/home theatre??

Shane

I am wondering what the MAC users generally use their system for.

Music or dvd's?.

me music 100% in my dedicated music room.

dvd's and movies are relegated to the Kitchen/TV area.

I am glad I have an understanding wife.

Music.
I don't watch movies as I always fall asleep, so they watch me instead. :smoke:

Carl

Shane said:
I am wondering what the MAC users generally use their system for.

Music or dvd's?.

me music 100% in my dedicated music room.

dvd's and movies are relegated to the Kitchen/TV area.

I am glad I have an understanding wife.

I use my vintage Mac (MC-30s and MX-110) on Belle Klipsch for music only. I do have a home theater as well, built with much different considerations (cinema slam and rockin' out), where the vintage 2 channel Mac is being optimized for midrange "bloom". But even the HT uses some Mac amplification.....

I'm also glad to have an understanding wife.....even she enjoys the fruits of the labors:yes:.

100% music as I don't own a tv, but that could change if McIntosh brings out a blue-ray player. Then it might be about 1 to 2% movies.

I have several systems. The only piece of Mac gear I own is an MC275 Series IV tube amp. this powers the mid/tweeter panels of a vintage pair of Infinity RSIb's. I'm lovin' it! All music, no HT on this system.

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:

mike175gr said:
I am about 80% two channel and 15% movies, and 5% multichannel SACDs

I'm close to this. Probably 70% music, 25% movies and TV (HDTV with surround only) and 5% SACD/DVD-A. Surround goes through my MX134 to an MC206 for the surround channels and passes through a C2200 to an MC402for the mains. For 2 channel music the MX134 and MC206 are turned off and the C2200 and MC402 are the heart of a dedicated two channel system. My MVP861 provides primary source duty to both applications (along with an MS300 and HD Cable.)

I love how the system seamlessly switches from outstanding home theater to state-of-the-art audio system. I don't think anybody can do this as effectively as McIntosh.

JR

70% music (CD, DVD-A & Tuner)
30% video (DVD & TV)
All 2 channel. Of course music is the top priority but I find TV really enjoyable with the audio going threw the McIntosh equipment. The voices sound real and it's like they are in the room with me. :)

Victor

70% Music (CD/XRCD/Hybrid SACD), 20% DVD (Concerts & MTV - 2 Channel only) and 10% Movies (2 Channel only)! Great performance all the time! Good Ole' McIntosh!

100% music with my Mac gear, TV is on the other end of the house, these two do not mix in my house.

Vahe

masterlu said:
Ya know, there are alot of DVD Audio concerts out there for you music buffs!

Hey masterlu,

Go get the latest Faith Hill DVD - When The Lights Go Down. Her rendition of "Breathe" with Carlos Santana is simply great. Putting it thru your system, .... WOW !!!

Best Regards,

masterlu said:
Ya know, there are alot of DVD Audio concerts out there for you music buffs!

I was just watching the Led Zeppelin DVD last night. The drum solo in Moby Dick is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in music. The DTS sound is superb. A must for any LZ fan.

JR

Thanks Ivan, now you've gone and done it. I'm going to have to try some of the DVD-A's to hear how they sound - jeez!

Cy
MX-135
Mc-252
Mc-402
Mc-7205
MVP-861
MR-80
MS-300
MLD-7020
Escient DVDM-100
CS-350
SL-1
B&W N802
B&W CM1
ProAc Tablette II
VPI Scout
Teac X-2000R
Sony DTC-77ES

CMK16 said:
Thanks Ivan, now you've gone and done it. I'm going to have to try some of the DVD-A's to hear how they sound - jeez!

Cy
MX-135
Mc-252
Mc-402
Mc-7205
MVP-861
MR-80
MS-300
MLD-7020
Escient DVDM-100
CS-350
SL-1
B&W N802
B&W CM1
ProAc Tablette II
VPI Scout
Teac X-2000R
Sony DTC-77ES

Most are outstanding:

Elton John: all of them
Toto
John Fogerty
Eagles: all of them
INXS
Led Zeppelin
Steely Dan
Rolling Stones
Fleetwood Mac
Who
Yes

Tons more, most are also DTS full surround. Better than a Live Concert! :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom