Your McIntosh gear - music or dvd's/home theatre??

Jerry Seh said:
Hey masterlu,

Go get the latest Faith Hill DVD - When The Lights Go Down. Her rendition of "Breathe" with Carlos Santana is simply great. Putting it thru your system, .... WOW !!!

Best Regards,

Will do!

Thanks

Oh, I have a bunch of music ones and I do not fall asleep on those!
Bootlegs too, sometimes I can get my mitts on Rockpalast TV show copies,
those are great. I even have a Dinosaurs and a Terry And The Pirates Rockpalast. :)

Carl

CarlV said:
Oh, I have a bunch of music ones and I do not fall asleep on those!
Bootlegs too, sometimes I can get my mitts on Rockpalast TV show copies,
those are great. I even have a Dinosaurs and a Terry And The Pirates Rockpalast. :)

Carl

John Cipollina DVD Recordings! Should I start saving for an MVP861 or wait for a new model to come out? I assume the MVP861 connects directly to the DVD input on the C2200.

Uh....
If you want me to split this Shane, give me the word. :)
Antonnia Cippolina has been working on a DVD of mostly footage of John but is not not out yet. http://www.johncipollina.com/news.html
I haven't read all this yet as I just now checked after some months. I see some of Fabio's pics are up. I have quite a bit of audio, shows and John's tapes via Fabio's kindness and generosity. You rock Fabio! :thmbsp:

That Rockpalast stuff is not released. It is not copyrighted so long as it is traded or given and not sold it is legal. Pretty much anyway from my understanding.

There are official releases of Rockpalast shows, there is an Alseep At The Wheel from a few years ago that is great fun to watch and Ray Benson is still the great voice of Texas Swing. :)

I guess I would say get the MVP861 as it plays PAL IIRC. Most of my favorite stuff is. I am keeping my MVP851 and have a Yamaha that does a wonderful job for playing any sort of disk in any format.

Carl

Last edited:
Before I bought a Mac and I was using the Denon 5805 I was watching movies 99% of the time but after purchasing the MX119 and MC207 and finding this site I am listening to music about 40% and movies the other 60% but it is dropping like flies. The Mac just sounds soooooo sweeeeet.

Whitehall said:
Music 99% - DVDs 1%

Aren't too many movies I want to watch these days.

Ditto, my setup is two channel stereo, but two great channels make for better HT than a half dozen crappish ones.

I was a 5.1 kinda guy at one point for a few years, went back to 2.0 and don't have any plans to return.

100% 2-channel music upstairs. 10% movies (5.1), 65% TV (5.1), 25% 2-channel music downstairs.

Living Room is Music Room

100% 2-channel. We listen to music primarily in the living room followed by study/library where we also read. We use kitchen to prepare and eat meals and bedroom to sleep. :thmbsp:

Shane said:
I am wondering what the MAC users generally use their system for.Music or dvd's?.

We're putting together a wish list for a new, combined, HT/Music system comprised of McIntosh components, only. I am leaning toward Aerial Acoustic speakers, but we have not begun auditioning possible combinations. With the cost being high, we don't anticipate this to happen anytime soon.

Presently, we have a dedicated [15' wide x 13' deep x 7.5' ceiling] HT room and a HT system with the following equipment:

Panasonic A110 DVD player
SONY 9000ES processor
Sunfire Cinema Grand [5 x 200amp]
Definitive Technology Pro 250 speakers [qty of 4]
Definitive Technology Pro 250 matching center speaker
*all the Def Tech speakers have a built-in powered subwoofer *
Definitive Technology PF1800 subwoofer

This HT has been terrific for movie viewing. It is not too musical.

Present use:
100% DVD
000% 2-channel Music

-----------

I thought I would share a list of movies for those of you who have struggled to find movies that are captivating and worthy of your time. Perhaps, you might find a movie or two within this list that you can enjoy. My wife and I have enjoyed all of these movies.

Kinky Boots
Mumford
The Station Agent
Pieces of April
Before Sunrise
Before Sunset
The Moonlight Mile
A Lot Like Love
Happy Accidents
Keeping the Faith
Singles

-------------

When we actually realize our McIntosh HT/Music system dream, I foresee a major change in the use of this room.

Expected use:
60% DVD
40% 2-channel Music

Our plan is to incorporate the look and the ambience of a library within the HT/Music room so as to expand its versatility and the time we spend in there.

-------------

I have been reading this forum for quite a while. I must say that the equipment many of you have assembled is very impressive. Your passion for McIntosh parallels that of my friend's. He was the person who steered my wife and me toward McIntosh [he owns three MC352 amps and an MX134 processor]. We have become McIntosh enthusiasts, and we certainly look forward to the day when we become actual owners.

Sincerely,
Matt

Back
Top Bottom