Your McIntosh system. 2 Channel or Multichannel? Poll.

2 or Multichannel?

• 2 Channel only

Votes: 177 78.3%
  • Multichannel/Home Theater

Votes: 49 21.7%

• Total voters
Just curious what the ratio is of McIntosh users who use their systems in a strictly 2 channel or multichannel configuration.

Strictly two channel. No TV allowed in my listening room - I spend enough time in front of a screen at work.

Alberto

2 Channel only 75 75.00%
Multichannel/Home Theater 25 25.00%

After entering my vote it stands at exactly 3/4 two channel with exactly 100 votes cast.:yes:

Good Stuff!

Two channel, for 2 main reasons:
We aren't big DVD viewers, though some televison programs would be fun to watch in HT mode, and
Our place is just too damned small for more speakers.

Multi-channel here. It's nice to have options. FWIW, a lot of my listening time is spent listening to 2-channel music.

Two channel here. Had a home theater and broke it up to go back to 2 channel. No regrets at all, but then we dont watch movies or DVDs.

2 channel here as well, run multiple speakers while watching movies, good enough for my purposes. Music is 95% of our usage.

Mostly multi-channel. When I listen to vinyl, though, it's through my bi-wired and bi-amped front speakers, but I have lots of multi-channel SACD and DVD-A that are pretty flipping awesome to listen to. I saw earlier someone say something about only having two ears..... Was wondering if it's always silent behind him. Just curious, that's all.

So far we have 3.52 to 1 ratio of 2 vs multi. I would have thought it would be a more even split with McIntosh users. :scratch2:

I belive that some, I'm not going to mention any names, should count as more than one. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom