Your Most "Vintage" Firearms (that work)?

I've got a Mosin Nagant 7.62X54 that still shoots flat and tight. And I have an Iver Johnson Hammerless 38 that is operational. I've got two extra barrels with it.

I've also got a British Flint-lock Musket from the late 1700s (estimate) that I'd bet my pension would still fire. That thing weighs a ton. It has a lion engraved on one side.

JD

I've also got a double barrel muzzle loading shotgun that my Gramps passed down to me,he used to hunt rabbits with it when he was a kid.I don't know if I'd want to put a charge in it or not.Just A cool old piece that I'll never part with.David

A 1931 J.P. Sauer 16ga side by side. It was "recovered" in WW II by a relative fighting in Germany. It's not in great shape, but is shootable.

1. Winchester .22 pump rifle w/hex barrel- 1911
2. Winchester model 1894, serial # dated to 1907, .25-35 cal.- my first gun, got it when I was 13.
3. Winchester model 1892 12-ga. pump shotgun, serial# dated to 1903. My grandpa's favorite shotgun.

Dumont-First with the finest in television. :yes:

I have a few weapons that are old.

My oldest gun is an 1865 30-30 lever action. Makes big holes in things.
I also have 2 WWII weapons. An M1 Garand and a 1911.

The 1911 was carried by a LT. in the airborne and the M1 belonged to a chap that didn't make it on Omaha Beach.

The lever action was passed down through my family and IMO could have ended the civil war allot earlier, but the general in charge of the decision stood to make a large profit if the .68 mini ball prevailed. So I know it was not a combat weapon.

However, I take pride in knowing that my M1 and 1911 fired shots in anger against the Nazi's.

If anybody has a Thompson and, or a B.A.R you wish to sell, I will open my wallet :thmbsp:

Who needs an FFL.......... Me :D

Oh and they definitely work. :thmbsp:

I also have a Luger dated 1914 that was supposedly plucked off a dead German in WW1 & brought home by my granfather..& I have a .45 Long Colt revolver that was his. Have shot the Luger, didn't wanna work worth a damn until I oiled it good...after that, no problems...

Well just don't tuck your Nazi Luger into your waist. If it's chambered that is, if it isn't you only hear a "Click" and realize how lucky you were.

Pop goes the Femoral Artery. :yikes:

Savage Model 99 in 250 Savage from 1924. Great gun. :thmbsp:

Zinker - I have a never been fired (other than factory proofs) Model 19 .357/38 Special with a six (6) inch barrel. New, in the box. Haven't researched the year, but has to be 1988, or older, as that is the last year of manufacture. Can't bring myself to fire it, so guess I'll sell. Great pistol.

WWII P-38 in perfect shooting order (odd color blueing, almost purple on some parts) with original holster and spare mag, and a 98 Mauser similar to the one posted earlier. Dad brought the Walther back from the war; wouldn't say where he got it but he was shot down over France and repatriated to England by the French Resistance. I acquired the rifle because it had a pristine bore, and although it now wears synthetic "wood" and a .308 bull barrel, I've kept all the original parts in case I ever decide to put it back the way it was.
Rich

Lefever Nitro Special 12 gauge side by side, was my great uncle's, dates back to the early 30s. Just cleaned it up a couple of weeks ago and tested, all good to go, in pretty good condition too.

My oldest is a Winchester Model 1895 made in 1898 in 30-40 Krag with factory Lyman reciever mounted peep sight and walnut burl stock. will still shoot 1.5" groups off the bench at 100 yards.

My oldest looking firearm is my hand made Plains rifle in 50 cal. it is a cap and ball and would date from about 1830 based on it's design. This is a heavy long (34")barreled plains rifle. It weighs about 9lbs and standing I can hit a small styrofoam coffe cup sized target at 100 yards about 2 out of 3 times.

I also if you like WWII stuff have a Star Model B that was ordered by the German army in 1936 as part payment for the germans fighting for Fraco in the civial war. those Pistols were held up and not delievered until after WWII started. It is clearly marked with all the german army proof marks. It looks just like a Colt model 1911-A1 without the grip safety. I even have the origonal magazine.

And then there is my National Match grade M1 Grand

Back
Top Bottom