Your opinion

analogic

Analog lover
On your opinion....
In order (4 or 5) which are the best Nakamichi tape decks?
I am interested to know how different are the opinions....:smoke:

i'm sure others will have better but my Nakamichi CR 1A is great!
sounds very very good. running it with a Pioneer SX 1010 and pair of Paradigm Studio 60 speakers... can get the unit rather cheap on ebay... enjoy!

I own a CR-2A and I love it, but it's certainly not the best in the Nak line. I would suspect most would agree that honor goes to the Dragon, although they can be absolute beasts to keep running properly. After that, no clue. I've run across quite a few Naks, some are great, some seem a bit misguided in their design...but I don't think I'd turn down any of them in proper working order.

I recently bought a Dragon that was rebuilt by Willy Herman 2010. I emailed Willy to ask him if the Dragon would need any future scheduled maintenance and he replied just to play a tape in it once a month ( not a problem ) to keep the lube and rubber conditioned and that's it. According to Willy once a Dragon is properly serviced it will give you years of service. I'm very impressed with the Dragon's sound and smooth operation. I also have a RX-202 which is a great sounding two head deck. Love the Dragon though.

i'm sure others will have better but my Nakamichi CR 1A is great!
sounds very very good. running it with a Pioneer SX 1010 and pair of Paradigm Studio 60 speakers... can get the unit rather cheap on ebay... enjoy!

Hi kennethr16

Thanks for that, but as I said. I am only interested on peoples opinion...
Because there are so many models that I thought it would be interesting to see.... Then again, I suppose "the one one's got is the the one one's prefer"(if it makes sense)
I have a 481Z that I've picked the other day and should get the belts arriving tomorrow... I do understand that there are the Dragon and other famous ones....

thanks

I recently bought a Dragon that was rebuilt by Willy Herman 2010. I emailed Willy to ask him if the Dragon would need any future scheduled maintenance and he replied just to play a tape in it once a month ( not a problem ) to keep the lube and rubber conditioned and that's it. According to Willy once a Dragon is properly serviced it will give you years of service. I'm very impressed with the Dragon's sound and smooth operation. I also have a RX-202 which is a great sounding two head deck. Love the Dragon though.

that's my aim.... one day!!!!!!! but now it is a case of see what people think

Only own the CR-7 so my choices would be opinion without actually using.
I think the top 5 are:
1000ZXL
ZX-9
ZX-7
Dragon
CR-7

not necessary in that order.

Back
Top Bottom