your opinions for the second system wanted

eduro

first all the best for a healty and Mc addicted 2009 to all.:yes:

I like to recieve the opinions from you all for a second system for my dining and kitchenarea, and I don't know what will be the best road to follow.

I don't want a big system in here. mostly lisening will be on a decent level.
For party's I like music in every room, around dinertime we like to have music in the diningarea. (we must play loud in the livingroom to have music in the diningroom)
The speakers I consider are the SF Cremona auditor or the Guarneri Hommage.
(soundtype the same everywere)

I consider the following options.

1 Swap out the mc402 and mcd/mda1k from HT/livingroom to the second system, add 2 mc501's and a mcd500 to the HT/livingroom.
(great 5 channel sacd/HT and stereo)

2 Buy a ma7000/ma6600 for the second system and add a sonos multiroomsystem.

3 Add a mc402 and use the zone B from the mx135.

4 Any combination I don't think about.

my system you find below, I am lost :scratch2:

I would recommend Option 3 as cost effective and easy to set up. I have the Zone B of my downstairs MX120-based system set up with an MC402, and have a WK2 wall-mounted keypad to allow control from the room where the Zone B speakers are.

I would recommend Option 3 as cost effective and easy to set up. I have the Zone B of my downstairs MX120-based system set up with an MC402, and have a WK2 wall-mounted keypad to allow control from the room where the Zone B speakers are.

Can that control the MS too?

Can that control the MS too?

Hi, Dennis. Happy New Year!

Yes, you can control an MS300/750 from Zone B with the MS remote control, the WK2 keypad, and appropriately connected data cables between the MS and MX. However, you need to connect the analog audio outputs of the MS to the analog audio inputs of the MX119/135 in order to get audio directly from the MS in Zone B. Alternatively, you could do as I have done, which is to connect the digital output of the MS (or in my case, Escient ZP-1) to the MCD500 digital input and then connect both the balanced and unbalanced audio outputs of the MCD500 to the MX. The WK2 controls the MCD500 and MX, and you can even change digital inputs on the MCD500 from the WK2 or a McIntosh remote in Zone B. However, in this case, you can't control the MS from its remote or the keypad in Zone B because you'll be on the input assigned to the MCD500 instead of a separate one for the MS. I solved this by using a URC MX-850 RF/IR remote control and a URC MRF-350 RF receiver to operate the ZP-1. Somewhat complicated? Yes, but worth it for me to be able to listen to the ZP-1 through the MCD500's DAC in both zones.

Hi, Dennis. Happy New Year!

Yes, you can control an MS300/750 from Zone B with the MS remote control, the WK2 keypad, and appropriately connected data cables between the MS and MX. However, you need to connect the analog audio outputs of the MS to the analog audio inputs of the MX119/135 in order to get audio directly from the MS in Zone B. Alternatively, you could do as I have done, which is to connect the digital output of the MS (or in my case, Escient ZP-1) to the MCD500 digital input and then connect both the balanced and unbalanced audio outputs of the MCD500 to the MX. The WK2 controls the MCD500 and MX, and you can even change digital inputs on the MCD500 from the WK2 or a McIntosh remote in Zone B. However, in this case, you can't control the MS from its remote or the keypad in Zone B because you'll be on the input assigned to the MCD500 instead of a separate one for the MS. I solved this by using a URC MX-850 RF/IR remote control and a URC MRF-350 RF receiver to operate the ZP-1. Somewhat complicated? Yes, but worth it for me to be able to listen to the ZP-1 through the MCD500's DAC in both zones.

Very cool, I'm going to want to do something similar in my new house. Thanks for the info! :D

Very cool, I'm going to want to do something similar in my new house. Thanks for the info! :D
Let me know when you get ready, and I can send you a diagram and other info on how I have mine hooked up. With my CR12 and MX120, I can actually listen to the content of my upstairs MS750 through my ZP-1 in all six downstairs zones. It is really cool.:yes:

Let me know when you get ready, and I can send you a diagram and other info on how I have mine hooked up. With my CR12 and MX120, I can actually listen to the content of my upstairs MS750 through my ZP-1 in all six downstairs zones. It is really cool.:yes:

Thanks, I'll definitely take you up on that! :yes:

I highly recommend some variation on choice 2. My bedroom system, I think is somewhat similar to what you are looking for. It is simply a non-amped Sonos, an MC206 bi-amping B&W N805's and a Martin Logan Depth sub. It is a sensational system and so elegantly simple.

I would recommend non-amped Sonos modules for your main system and your second system and then powered Sonos modules with small or in-wall speakers for the rest of the house -just plug them in, no fussy wire runs needed.

For the second system the Sonos is really the only source you need. It can play all of your collection in lossless FLAC, Internet radio, Rhapsody, Pandora, and Sirius. You can also output your Escient or a tape out from your MX135 to the module in your main system and play that remote input on any Sonos module in the house (or all.)

For your second system, I would just do a small amp with the Sonos and maybe a basic DAC like a Benchmark or a PS Audio (the MDA1000 is probably overkill for a secondary system). Perhaps an MC275 would be a perfect fit for this application. Gee, that would really be great!

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

I highly recommend some variation on choice 2. My bedroom system, I think is somewhat similar to what you are looking for. It is simply a non-amped Sonos, an MC206 bi-amping B&W N805's and a Martin Logan Depth sub. It is a sensational system and so elegantly simple.

I would recommend non-amped Sonos modules for your main system and your second system and then powered Sonos modules with small or in-wall speakers for the rest of the house -just plug them in, no fussy wire runs needed.

For the second system the Sonos is really the only source you need. It can play all of your collection in lossless FLAC, Internet radio, Rhapsody, Pandora, and Sirius. You can also output your Escient or a tape out from your MX135 to the module in your main system and play that remote input on any Sonos module in the house (or all.)

For your second system, I would just do a small amp with the Sonos and maybe a basic DAC like a Benchmark or a PS Audio (the MDA1000 is probably overkill for a secondary system). Perhaps an MC275 would be a perfect fit for this application. Gee, that would really be great!

Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Certainly the Sonos is a good addition to any system. I now have three ZP90's (non-powered units) and a ZP120. One of the ZP90's is connected to one of the downstairs MCD500's digital inputs, and that is distributed to all six downstairs zones. I also have one in my upstairs system connected to my MDA1000. The third ZP90 is in my bedroom, connected similarly to the way you described for your bedroom system.

What everyone is saying here is very close to what I am thinking of for a second system.

MCD500/Sonos/275 in some efficient speakers with horns.

Simple, elegant, and beautiful sounding

first all the best for a healty and Mc addicted 2009 to all.:yes:

I like to recieve the opinions from you all for a second system for my dining and kitchenarea, and I don't know what will be the best road to follow.

I don't want a big system in here. mostly lisening will be on a decent level.
For party's I like music in every room, around dinertime we like to have music in the diningarea. (we must play loud in the livingroom to have music in the diningroom)
The speakers I consider are the SF Cremona auditor or the Guarneri Hommage.
(soundtype the same everywere)

I consider the following options.

1 Swap out the mc402 and mcd/mda1k from HT/livingroom to the second system, add 2 mc501's and a mcd500 to the HT/livingroom.
(great 5 channel sacd/HT and stereo)

2 Buy a ma7000/ma6600 for the second system and add a sonos multiroomsystem.

3 Add a mc402 and use the zone B from the mx135.

4 Any combination I don't think about.

my system you find below, I am lost :scratch2:

Get the 50 watt powered sonus unit for the kitchen/dining room and use in wall speakers or ceiling and a sub. . This system is easy with the remote for your girl to use, this is my system in the kitchen and family room. Then use the saved money for a trade in of MC401 to a pair of the 501's.

New version of option 3. Get 2 more 501's and use your existing 402 to run zone B. The MX135 does well with multizone, with sonos, mda, MS750, etc. That way the main system can use everything, too.

New version of option 3. Get 2 more 501's and use your existing 402 to run zone B. The MX135 does well with multizone, with sonos, mda, MS750, etc. That way the main system can use everything, too.
Great suggestion!:banana:

So is the Sonos system that good? I have been worried that I would be disappointed with the sound. Would I assume that the unamplified version going through a Mac amp is going to wound much better? I guess with that in mind, how does the amplified unit sound?

So is the Sonos system that good? I have been worried that I would be disappointed with the sound. Would I assume that the unamplified version going through a Mac amp is going to wound much better? I guess with that in mind, how does the amplified unit sound?
My humble opinion with Sonos in my home would be as follows:
Sonos digital out into a McIntosh DAC = Very good.
Sonos analog out into a McIntosh preamp = Good.
Sonos amplified unit into Sonos speakers = OK for background and casual listening.

yes I agree too that this will be the best solution. one system, one control
no mcd500, stay with the mda/mcd1k and no sonos.

Cost effectiv too.

And the best of all when I remove my set 10 ft to the right also possible and by remote to handle.

What everyone is saying here is very close to what I am thinking of for a second system.

MCD500/Sonos/275 in some efficient speakers with horns.

Simple, elegant, and beautiful sounding

sad I don't like tubes :sigh:

I did some research today on the internet and find a nice speaker, the triangle magellan concerto sw2 the have a tweeter horn too and bipolar aswell. :scratch2:

They don't fit but really a great speaker

to mutch options :D

Get the 50 watt powered sonus unit for the kitchen/dining room and use in wall speakers or ceiling and a sub. . This system is easy with the remote for your girl to use, this is my system in the kitchen and family room. Then use the saved money for a trade in of MC401 to a pair of the 501's.

Yah I onderstand, this was my thinking too a half year ago.

The powered sonus sounds fine with in wall speakers; it also has a sub output on it to control a powered sub. You adjust crossover in the menu. This system is used for background music and it is a no brainer to use, only one thing to turn on which makes for a high waf

Back
Top Bottom